Khalil Mack to Bears

soflbillsfan

4 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

We have a crap ton of cap space coming up. We aren’t going to be paying a QB anytime soon, our secondary is locked up long term for the most part. We just drafted presumably out MLB of the future for the next 5 years cheap. What the hell? Are we just gonna spend money on anyways? We could sign Mack to a big 5 year deal, and still fill the gaps we have at offensive line via draft and free agency. You need pass rushers to win in this league consistently, he just won DPOY, fills a top 2 need on our team AND he went to UB. He’d be a massive shot in the arm. I’m allllllll in on him. I really don’t think he’d cost 2 firsts but if it’s a first, a mid round pick, and Shaq Lawson or something get it done!!

Thats the conundrum I am having. Yes the bills will have all this cap space to do it which I am okay with as you said they are locked in with 65 mil this coming offseason and 120 mil in 2020. The issue I am having is giving up the draft picks after looking at that oline performance it worries me because if they do end up being bad this year and without a 1st round pick the talent of an immediate impact player on that side of the ball is tough. If they wait for free agency they can pick up 1 or 2 guys that are top tier FA and then draft one with the top 5-10 pick (based off media projections) then they could have a legit oline to protect the guy you want to invest the future in with Allen. What good is a pass rusher and a stacked defense if the team cant make the moves on offense? Paying mack 23 mil is fine but will lose out on a cheap top tier talent coming out of the draft to balance that out by trading him. Its a tough decision. My other concern is, is pass rush personnel really the problem or is it McDermott not pushing these guys to rush the passer he seems more focused on containment then the aggressive attack on a qb. Stats have shown that the panthers with same player personnel got to the qb 40% more last year then the year before with McDermott as DC. 

7 hours ago, BigMountainGoat said:

You are wrong. NFL.com are reporting a team has already offered a 1st and another high pick, but the Raiders want at least 2 1sts

So a report of someone offering it but has no basis other then a "said offer" what team? what was the exact offer? Its all speculation based off of the media. It could be true and someone did offer it or it could be raiders trying to drum up interest on him in order to make the move. Why not wait and see what the actual cost is when the time comes to trade him? The fact they are saying what they want for him proves they are looking to move him rather then extend him. We will see what happens but if it is for 2 first no one will take that and he will stay a raider for atleast this year and he will likely stay at home if he truly wants a new contract and doesnt want to risk injury. At this point the most I would be okay with if the bills truly want to have a better pass rusher is a 2020 1st round pick, a 2019 3rd round pick, Jeery Hughes or Shaq Lawson and Aj McCarron as they want a backup qb and his contract is cheap for the next 2 years.

Aaron Donald finally signed his contract extension of 6 years 135 mil 87 million guaranteed 50 is a signing bonus. With the breakdown of this the bills can financially afford to match this if they wanted to make the trade. He would get the 50 spread out over 6 years for signing bonus of 8.33 mil plus a minimum of 1 million this year making it 9.3 mil cap hit of the 12.3 mil they currently have without any major roster changes. The other 37 can be guaranteed in 2019, 2020, and 2021 going from 9.33 this year  to 21.33 over those 3 years once 2021 season is over he will have 2 years left without any guaranteed money. This is perfect time as Josh Allen is on a rookie scale and will likely get his extension in 2022 if he is the franchise qb. Bills have 65 mil in 2019 before any changes making that to 43 mil to sign olineman and Wr. Then they will have 100 mil in cap space in 2020 before any changes. Giving up what i think would be an acceptable trade. 

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Next two firsts and Lawson.

On one hand i could see him pulling the trigger and trying to get a top 5 or so defense to go with what they think is a home run in Josh Allen. If they truly believe Josh Is the answer (obviously they do then this is the time to take that risk while he’s under a rookie deal). On the other hand giving up giving up high picks wirhbout some how having another deal in place to recoup those picks goes against what Beane has done and preached. BUT he did stock pile picks and used them to get his guy.

He trades to much to have him out of the conversation lol.

it was fun while it lasted but the Bears are giving up 2 first round picks and a player for Mack. Bills were said to be on the phone early this morning to discuss a possible trade but wouldnt give that much up for him. It now comes down to the bears and mack getting a deal done. Only hope would be mack wanting to stay in buffalo and deny bears a new contract which i highly doubt .

Whatever some people said, it was clear he was going for multiple 1sts. And at that price the Bills would have been crazy to do a deal. The Bills have a roster full of holes, and you don't throw multiple 1sts, probably high 1sts to get anything other than a QB. Mack is a great player, but it was the wrong deal for the Bills

Archived