Khalil Mack to Bears

soflbillsfan

On 8/16/2018 at 12:22 PM, BigMountainGoat said:

You are wrong. If there was any realistic chance Mack was on the market, there would so many teams interested the demand would push the price well above a 1st.

Not many teams can afford his contract to say I am wrong and that so many teams would be interesting is just a pure opinion. Realistically not many teams can afford him at the moment which puts the bills in a good place. As of right now the rumors are the Packers, then the bills, then the jets as top teams interested. Again it is mere speculation based on media which comes and goes all the time but if he were to be an option it seems that bills would be up there to get him based on need, space, and pieces willing to offer up for him.

13 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Not many teams can afford his contract to say I am wrong and that so many teams would be interesting is just a pure opinion. Realistically not many teams can afford him at the moment which puts the bills in a good place. As of right now the rumors are the Packers, then the bills, then the jets as top teams interested. Again it is mere speculation based on media which comes and goes all the time but if he were to be an option it seems that bills would be up there to get him based on need, space, and pieces willing to offer up for him.

Plenty of teams have a lot of cap space next year. Most of the league could afford his contract especially if you backload it (which the Bills would have to themselves). That's not opinion, that's fact, just look at cap situations. And of course plenty of teams will be interested, he is a highly rated pass rusher in a league where they are in short supply, he would help virtually every team. Furthermore it only takes 2 teams to create a bidding war. Mack would cost multiple high (day 1 or 2) draft picks. Anything less is just wishful thinking.

Khalil Mack is gonna cost our 2019 1 guaranteed. My guess would be 2019 (1), 2020 (2) and maybe a controlled player like Shaq Lawson and a mid round pick in 2019 or 2020.

I'm not sure we'll even listen to dealing 2019(1) Considering our QB situation 

How has Shaq Lawson performed you guys? Dude was my favorite defensive prospect outside of Khalil Mack in the past 5-6 years. I thought he was gonna be a 10+ sack guy every year. 

I want to keep Mack more than anything but two 1sts and Lawson would be tempting. 

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

How has Shaq Lawson performed you guys? Dude was my favorite defensive prospect outside of Khalil Mack in the past 5-6 years. I thought he was gonna be a 10+ sack guy every year. 

I want to keep Mack more than anything but two 1sts and Lawson would be tempting. 

If the bills gave up 2 first rounds for a DE and paid him 22 million a year I would be on the bandwagon of firing Beane. In the case of Shaq lawson he has been one of the most improved players in camp this year as he lost 20 pounds and has increased his power and speed. Only playing time will tell on whether he has done better. This is a make or break year for him and if he doesnt perform well then they could move on from him. His history of injuries are concerning as well as he can not stay on the field for an entire season.

2 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

If the bills gave up 2 first rounds for a DE and paid him 22 million a year I would be on the bandwagon of firing Beane. In the case of Shaq lawson he has been one of the most improved players in camp this year as he lost 20 pounds and has increased his power and speed. Only playing time will tell on whether he has done better. This is a make or break year for him and if he doesnt perform well then they could move on from him. His history of injuries are concerning as well as he can not stay on the field for an entire season.

Your first sentence is you want the Bills to do whatever it takes to get Khalil Mack, lol. You are not getting Khalil for a second, that's a pipe dream. Not even a single 1st would do it. At least a 1st, 2nd, and a player. Preferably two 1st's. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Your first sentence is you want the Bills to do whatever it takes to get Khalil Mack, lol. You are not getting Khalil for a second, that's a pipe dream. Not even a single 1st would do it. At least a 1st, 2nd, and a player. Preferably two 1st's. 

When I say do whatever it takes I mean that with in reason, this isnt madden football where you give fake picks to land a guy. Mack may be good but he holds all the cards and the Raiders have no leverage its either pay the guy or let him sit. If mack was willing to stay on his rookie scale and had some time left then I would agree 2 first round picks would get it done but he wants 22 million that is more then 10% of a teams annual salary meaning they have to fill 52 other slots with 90% of their cap space. Giving up 2 first round picks for a non qb and paying him that much would put a team back 5-10 years. Especially if the guy just wants the money and sits back and collects a paycheck. Is he going to be hungry after getting paid that is something we see all the time from players, especially with Marcel Dareus. Qb's may get two 1st round picks but a non qb would be lucky to get a 1st and something else either a late round pick or a player. I may be dreaming on a 2nd round pick but you are dreaming if you think your getting 2 first and a player. It will be interesting to see what happens to mack but I think Raiders will cave and pay him the money once they realize that they need him on defense more then what they get from him in a trade. 

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I love Mack. Man I wanted him so bad and thought he really would have been an asset had we drafted him. Defenses can generate a pass rush through a player's ability or by using a creative scheme or a combination of the two. The sack totals do not need to be equal, we just need someone in the QB's face to disrupt things. So even though Mack is clearly a stud, he is not some golden lottery ticket that can't be done without. Keep him and give him his $22 mil, cuz you're not getting 2 1st rounders and Lawson for him...especially since he's made it clear that he wants a pay raise ASAP.

The Saints gave up two first for an unknown DE a few months ago. 

Even though Mack will need to get paid, he is worth two first round picks everytime. Elite pass rushers are not to be underestimated. I also laugh at the notion that the Raiders have no leverage. Mack is losing money as we speak next year is suppose to be a strong DE class. 

13 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

The Saints gave up two first for an unknown DE a few months ago. 

Even though Mack will need to get paid, he is worth two first round picks everytime. Elite pass rushers are not to be underestimated. I also laugh at the notion that the Raiders have no leverage. Mack is losing money as we speak next year is suppose to be a strong DE class. 

Who did they get? If your talking about a rookie in the draft Davenport its considered 2 first for 1 first to move up in the draft and its a rookie pay scale you cant compare the two as Mack is seeking the most non qb money in the league. You can bounce back from a bad trade in the draft but you cant bounce back from a bad trade and losing 10% of your salary cap along the way. Its not about the player its about the finances and it is easier to make a move when all you are risking is 1 year's pick and having a small contract if he does bust then it wont be a big impact that it would if Mack decides to put in minimal effort now that he got paid. Your comparison is like saying the bills should trade for Odel Beckham and give up 2 first round picks because they did for Watkins a few years ago. Mack may get two first round picks from one team but it likely wont happen with the price he is seeking and if he does I surely hope its not the bills because that is a GM crusher right there. Huge reason why whaley isnt around anymore. 

Mack's new contract of 22 mil a year likely 100+ mil contract will make up for his 3 mil he is losing by not showing up, so yes raiders have zero leverage and as soon as week 1 comes around and they have no pass rushing attack the fans are going to be screaming and the media is going to make it out to be the raiders are idiots for not signing him. If they end up having a good pass rush which it looks like an uphill battle after watching their preseason games then mack will lose some leverage. This is a rare case where elite talent trumps the team and has the leverage because the pressure is on gruden to either move on from him or pay him. Like you said elite pass rushers are not to be underestimated.

This would be the time to splurge on a top player while you have 5 Years of rookie scale QB.

My concern is more dealing our 2019 (1). That pick could very well be a top 8 pick and I think that's the deal breaker. Now IF for some reason we can ship 2019 (2) and maybe 2020 (1) I say go get him and pay him 

11 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

This would be the time to splurge on a top player while you have 5 Years of rookie scale QB.

My concern is more dealing our 2019 (1). That pick could very well be a top 8 pick and I think that's the deal breaker. Now IF for some reason we can ship 2019 (2) and maybe 2020 (1) I say go get him and pay him 

I agree to extent that you have the rookie qb and time to go get guys but what beane has done seems like the  complete opposite of doing that. Im not sure I would want to give up a 2nd and a 1st maybe 2 seconds or 1 first but a 2nd and 1st would hurt the growth of the team especially if its next years 1st roudn with the expectations of being a top 10 pick. Ideally would love to give up 2 second round picks and a player rather then a top 10 pick. As a fan I would love getting Mack but is it worth all that on top of paying him the 22 mil? Think about it your not only losing cap space by paying him a massive contract your also losing 2 top picks to balance that move out by having 2 rookie contracts that would be quality players.

Whaley would be all over this pushing to make the move where I feel beane would rather go out and get 2-3 solid contributors for the price of mack and build up the depth rather then be top heavy with the trade and lose out in top draft picks like that.

More and more rumors coming out that the Bills are one of 3 teams that are seriously interested in Khalil (Bills, Colts, and Jets). Jason La Confora stated that the bills have been doing serious due diligence on him and another report has said 2 teams have put in an offer. Not sure if the offers are legit or just rumors but La Confora said the bills are highly interested. 

So going back to offers for non qb players because that is a different animal the following top players that have been recently traded that were all pros at one time and held out with their current team at the time was the bucs trading a 1st and a 3rd for Revis, Jason Peters 1st and 4th, and Brandon Marshall two 2nd round picks. All 3 were traded right after having a solid season and reached new contracts with the team trading for them. 

Jets are without their 2nd round pick in 2019 and it seems like they have more holes then the bills do.

Indy could easily give that up and unfortunately I have no clue what their situation is however I havent heard or seen anything they have done to build up their oline outside of drafting a center in 2017 draft which has been the downfall of Lucks career.

Is it worth the bills to give up a 1st and 3rd for Mack if this was the going rate?

23 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

More and more rumors coming out that the Bills are one of 3 teams that are seriously interested in Khalil (Bills, Colts, and Jets). Jason La Confora stated that the bills have been doing serious due diligence on him and another report has said 2 teams have put in an offer. Not sure if the offers are legit or just rumors but La Confora said the bills are highly interested. 

So going back to offers for non qb players because that is a different animal the following top players that have been recently traded that were all pros at one time and held out with their current team at the time was the bucs trading a 1st and a 3rd for Revis, Jason Peters 1st and 4th, and Brandon Marshall two 2nd round picks. All 3 were traded right after having a solid season and reached new contracts with the team trading for them. 

Jets are without their 2nd round pick in 2019 and it seems like they have more holes then the bills do.

Indy could easily give that up and unfortunately I have no clue what their situation is however I havent heard or seen anything they have done to build up their oline outside of drafting a center in 2017 draft which has been the downfall of Lucks career.

Is it worth the bills to give up a 1st and 3rd for Mack if this was the going rate?

2019 1st makes me nervous with McCarron banged up and a high probability Josh Allen era will begin much earlier than thought. This team is really hard to peg, could be 3-4 wins, could be 9-10 wins.

21 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

2019 1st makes me nervous with McCarron banged up and a high probability Josh Allen era will begin much earlier than thought. This team is really hard to peg, could be 3-4 wins, could be 9-10 wins.

After watching McCarron and Peterman neither have WOW'd me so I have come to the realization that Allen sitting is not going to happen even if McCarron was healthy. He couldn't get anything going against the browns defense. Allen at least was throwing the ball out there and making plays McCarron is to scared of making. McCarron reminds me to much of tyrod making plays he is comfortable of doing which is a lot of check downs and not being an impact type qb that Allen has been trying to do. So if Allen is risking each game the potential of throwing an interception but also the potential of making a big time play they have to go with that and not count so much on Shady as the oline has dropped in talent drastically with Wood and Incognito gone as those guys were a key part of the run game and I do not see Ducasse and Groy/bodine being those type of oline man to protect and create holes for shady. So throwing the ball is going to be a bigger factor this year.

I agree giving that 1st round pick up is scary but Mack could be a Von Miller type role where he could play 4-3 De or 4-3 OLB at times and the bills desperately need help at LB outside of Edmunds it makes me nervous. Some packages can have hughes, murphy and Mack all out there at times. Kind of like they have with Alexander now. Its definitely a tough call but when does a guy like Mack become available that can be a massive impact on defense? Bills have 12 mil in cap space now 65 in 2019 offseason and 120+ in 2020 so they have the funds to pay him since Allen is on a rookie scale. In the long run Beane is going to do what is best for the bills I questioned the moves last offseason and the Allen pick but all in all everything seems to be in the right direction so if he feels that Mack is something the bills need he should do it but to an extent and I think that is why he is doing the due diligence on him as the raiders may be asking to much and waiting for the price for him to go down as time gets closer to the season.

Archived