Khalil Mack to Bears

soflbillsfan

On 8/25/2018 at 2:49 PM, BillsGuy82 said:

What are chance's 2018 season begins with Mack still a Raider? If a deal is to be made I'd guess it'll happen soon 

after watching this preseason game I dont know if giving up picks for mack is the right move they desperately need LB and oline help.

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

after watching this preseason game I dont know if giving up picks for mack is the right move they desperately need LB and oline help.

Really? I thought our LBs had their best game yet and pass rush was way more of an issue. But I agree. Trading for Mack is a no go. Unless the Raiders really like the potential of Shaq and we use him as a focal point

Edmunds had an amazing game. One of our bright spots. And Milano seemed to get better as game progressed

3 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Though I agree we need to upgrade 2 of our LBers, I would reserve the phrase "desperate need" for our O-line. Their showing was pathetic and, frankly, this isn't the 1st time it's happened this preseason.

1 hour ago, marshawn lynch said:

Really? I thought our LBs had their best game yet and pass rush was way more of an issue. But I agree. Trading for Mack is a no go. Unless the Raiders really like the potential of Shaq and we use him as a focal point

Edmunds had an amazing game. One of our bright spots. And Milano seemed to get better as game progressed

Milano in run coverage was good but he got beat out by mixon and a couple of passing plays. I am not really a big fan of him. The oline is so bad I cannot think of a reason why Ducasse, Miller and Groy/bodine are being discussed as starting week 1 i think it will be a disaster.

2 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I agree.. I'm thinking WR will be a need as well 

I didnt see any problems with the wrs tonight. Kbenji should have caught one pass that he dropped but overall those guys caught almost everything that came their way. to me Oline (LG, C, and RG) are top need, LB is 2nd, CB #2 and WR are at 3. People keep mentioning pass rush but over the past year I have noticed Mcdermott isnt about rushing the passer as much as he is focused on contain. I even read a stat that the panthers blitzed 40% more last year then the year McDermott was DC. I mention cb #2 because it looks like Vontae Davis has lost a step he has been torched in practice and now with john ross. Im hoping it was just an off day but the DBs looked shaky today as Poyer seemed lost at times ni pass coverage and Aj green was having his way with Tre White. Its preseason so maybe this is over reacting but these are concerns for me. Mack is now of a luxury at this point and if the bills play the way they did today they could be easily drafting top 5 in 2019 so giving that up for Mack may be a mistake.

1 minute ago, Gannon12 said:

No chance he is leaving the Raiders. I sacrificed 6 goats to lord Xenu to ensure he remains in Oakland.

HAHA,....it will be a long shot he leaves but it may come down to Gruden's Ego and his confidence in Arden Key. If he feels that Key can step in and replace Mack by getting trade pieces and a body to help on the other side he may pull the trigger. Are they comfortable giving 2 guys 70+ mil each in guaranteed money at similar times? Thats what I think the hold up is plus Donald is said to be at the 80 mil guaranteed mark and should be closing in on the contract before next weekend which mack will want.

5 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

HAHA,....it will be a long shot he leaves but it may come down to Gruden's Ego and his confidence in Arden Key. If he feels that Key can step in and replace Mack by getting trade pieces and a body to help on the other side he may pull the trigger. Are they comfortable giving 2 guys 70+ mil each in guaranteed money at similar times? Thats what I think the hold up is plus Donald is said to be at the 80 mil guaranteed mark and should be closing in on the contract before next weekend which mack will want.

If Gruden did that I would lose all hope have a heart attack and move on to the golden halls of Valhalla.

i don’t think Gruden would be that foolish to let Mack go so I have hope but you never know.

12 hours ago, Gannon12 said:

If Gruden did that I would lose all hope have a heart attack and move on to the golden halls of Valhalla.

i don’t think Gruden would be that foolish to let Mack go so I have hope but you never know.

Haha yea i know what you mean but history has shown us that every player in this league is not safe. Revis and Jason Peters were coming off an All-Pro year before they were traded because of demanding new contracts so anything is possible. Hopefully for raiders fans they pay the man but as a bills fan i hope they trade for him lol.

11 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

@soflbillsfan I'm projecting WR as a need for next year. Zay Jones doesn't scream long term solution, Benjamin does have injury woes and Holmes and Kerley haven't exactly been the greatest. 

Yea wr will be a need but for this year i think the corps has faired well. I will wait and see after this season to decide to move on from guys and bring new ones in.

6 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Yea wr will be a need but for this year i think the corps has faired well. I will wait and see after this season to decide to move on from guys and bring new ones in.

Oh For sure.. After thinking Mack over I'm on the opposed side. I get acquiring a elite pass rusher in his prime is rare but I think we should stay the course and build through the draft 

We have a crap ton of cap space coming up. We aren’t going to be paying a QB anytime soon, our secondary is locked up long term for the most part. We just drafted presumably out MLB of the future for the next 5 years cheap. What the hell? Are we just gonna spend money on anyways? We could sign Mack to a big 5 year deal, and still fill the gaps we have at offensive line via draft and free agency. You need pass rushers to win in this league consistently, he just won DPOY, fills a top 2 need on our team AND he went to UB. He’d be a massive shot in the arm. I’m allllllll in on him. I really don’t think he’d cost 2 firsts but if it’s a first, a mid round pick, and Shaq Lawson or something get it done!!

Archived