May I just say...DeCastro...

Ward4HOF

31 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

I really wonder how much of the struggles in the defensive backfield were due to miscommunications from Mitchell's calls, V. Williams calls, etc.

Mitchell was not a great communicator from what I heard, and would often call one thing and run another.  Burnett will be better, but he's not a real FS.  Ideally you want your FS making this call.  Say what you will about Ryan Clark, but that's what he was great at.

6 hours ago, warfelg said:

Mitchell was not a great communicator from what I heard, and would often call one thing and run another.  Burnett will be better, but he's not a real FS.  Ideally you want your FS making this call.  Say what you will about Ryan Clark, but that's what he was great at.

I thought clark was a good player, and he would let the WRr's know who owns , but would be suspended in the flag football league of 2018. He was a legit leader and a solid FS. We really need help at safety, but lets wait and see how Davis and Burnett turn out. ILB and safety, both need help and it makes the D vulnerable .  I can't expect the D to be any better than last year, what a terrible offseason as it seems right now for the D.

2 hours ago, jebrick said:

Clark played the single high FS almost all the time.  He rarely came into the box.  He hit hard but Troy was the in the box SS who could also cover.

This may not have been directed at me but I thought I'd clarify just in case. Clark was a SS playing single high FS imo. Much like almost every Steeler FS for last couple of decades. And for almost as long I shared my dislike for that type of FS. Give me a ball hawking true FS. Not one who's sole/main purpose is delivering the big hit. 

2 hours ago, jebrick said:

Clark played the single high FS almost all the time.  He rarely came into the box.  He hit hard but Troy was the in the box SS who could also cover.

exactly. I doubt they would have let Troy roam like that with some  of the current FS on the roster.  Clarks helmet to helmet hit on mcgehee in the AFCCG is the play that ended that game. He put his health on the line to win in a severe way and then we won the SB.  I can't say a bad word about Clark,  perfect for our team (at the time). In this league today, he would have been fined and suspended out of the league or close to it. That Welker hit would be another example xD

Archived