Preseason Week 1 - Gameday Thread

MKnight82

3 hours ago, mike23md said:

We have no clue of the context in which Guice said that to Gruden. Could have been in a sarcastic manner, and considering the attitude Guice has taken towards this city, the fans, and the game itself, I can't imagine it being in a demanding manner. 

If you watched the interview with Gruden, it was something similar to what you were describing. It sounded like Guice was basically saying it in the sense of "I'm here to work, so don't just give me a couple superficial carries to 'protect' me." The implication was that Derrius is the kind of guy that wanted the ball as often as they'll let him have it, even in a game that doesn't mean a thing.

There was nothing demanding or "prima donna" about it, although I understand how it might look like that in print without the context and tone to help.

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

If you watched the interview with Gruden, it was something similar to what you were describing. It sounded like Guice was basically saying it in the sense of "I'm here to work, so don't just give me a couple superficial carries to 'protect' me." The implication was that Derrius is the kind of guy that wanted the ball as often as they'll let him have it, even in a game that doesn't mean a thing.

There was nothing demanding or "prima donna" about it, although I understand how it might look like that in print without the context and tone to help.

And now me thinks Gruden should have protected him. Out for the year with ACL injury. 

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

The sad thing is how Rob Kelley is now the presumed starter. Only the Redskins would have a guy like Rob Kelley as a starter for nearly three seasons. 

Chris Thompson needs to get most of the touches, with Perine getting the sub touches.

15 hours ago, e16bball said:

The media take a quote/statement out of context to sell newspapers, get retweets and get website hits all the time. It’s not a new phenomena no matter what some people think, it is frustrating though.

35 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Yeah, not what I saw from him at all. Constantly seemed out of position but I hope I was wrong and this dude is right. 

That’s not what @SteveDraft said. All he was saying was that his speed translated and that he nearly had a pick and he filled well in the run game.

He definitely has a lot to learn as a safety still, but his talent and athletic ability is evident. He just needs to continue to be developed as a safety.

Archived