'18 Preseason Week 1 GDT: DET@OAK

Nnivolcm

I'm excited to see how the competition for CB2 unfolds. We know Slay is gonna be CB1 and it seems to be a 3 horse race for CB2 with Tabor, Lawson, and Shead all getting reps there in camp. I'm interested in seeing if they try to showcase Abdullah or Killebrew as trade bait. Finally, we've heard a bit about how good the Lions OL looks in practice, but that's going up against a Lions front 7 that leaves me skeptical. I want to see how much they've improved against more talented opponents. 

As always, escape without injuries.

14 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

I'm excited to see how the competition for CB2 unfolds. We know Slay is gonna be CB1 and it seems to be a 3 horse race for CB2 with Tabor, Lawson, and Shead all getting reps there in camp. I'm interested in seeing if they try to showcase Abdullah or Killebrew as trade bait. Finally, we've heard a bit about how good the Lions OL looks in practice, but that's going up against a Lions front 7 that leaves me skeptical. I want to see how much they've improved against more talented opponents. 

As always, escape without injuries.

They want to get rid of Miles Killebrew? Why?

2 hours ago, detroitlions72003 said:

They want to get rid of Miles Killebrew? Why?

Just a hunch brought on by a couple things:

Crowded defensive backfield

Didn't see any playing time when Tavon Wilson went down last year

Had undrafted guys getting reps at safety over him in TC

Drilling with LBers the past week or so of TC 

EDIT: https://www.mlive.com/expo/sports/erry-2018/08/94ac85deb16843/8-lions-players-to-watch-in-pr.html#incart_river_index

LB/S Miles Killebrew

Perhaps no one's stock has fallen more precipitously this offseason than Killebrew's. He looked like a promising young safety as a rookie in 2016, when he played a key role in turning around the third-down defense. Now he's hardly a safety at all. He struggled to see the field there down the stretch last season, and wasn't making any headway this offseason. So he made the move to linebacker this week, and hey, Matt Patricia does value versatility. Then again, a position change with less than a month until cuts is rarely a good sign. Expect the Lions to give him a long burn tonight to get a better evaluation of what, if anything, he can offer there.

1 hour ago, ManeLine said:

Excited to see if Tabor has improved any. And looking forward to seeing KJ in action. 

From the many reports I read this past week during our joint practices, Tabor made some plays but was getting beat deep too often. Again I know nothing about him really so just going off what I read.

33 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

Just a hunch brought on by a couple things:

Crowded defensive backfield

Didn't see any playing time when Tavon Wilson went down last year

Had undrafted guys getting reps at safety over him in TC

Drilling with LBers the past week or so of TC 

EDIT: https://www.mlive.com/expo/sports/erry-2018/08/94ac85deb16843/8-lions-players-to-watch-in-pr.html#incart_river_index

Well dang man that's unfortunate. I know he was a huge hitter and developing his game but didn't realize he bottomed out so much.

Archived