'18 Preseason Week 1 GDT: DET@OAK

Nnivolcm

I liked what I saw. Patricia putting all the back ups feet to the fire. The game wasn’t about showcasing the new defensive or offensive schemes or even winning the game. It was about putting each player in situations to test their readiness. The play calling on both sides of the ball is not what we’re going to see in the regular season. When the cuts come, he’ll have the exact info to make the right choices. Example... we’ll have to see him in a couple more games to see if he corrects his mistakes, but I believe Rudock will be gone. His discussion making is terrible. With teams cutting QB’s expect the Lions to grab a new back up. I’m going to wait till the season starts to judge this team & Patrica. For now, i’m giving him the Benifit of the doubt to let him compile info & game tapes to study to make the correct moves.

My take away is that we now know what we already knew:

The defensive front 7 isn't good. I liked the hustle I saw from Zettel, but nothing else looked anything approaching good to me. They had a tough task with a good OL and RBs, but my feelings that they are going to be what holds this team back have only been reinforced. 

If Stafford misses any time, we're in trouble. I hope Cassel doesn't make our roster. He's a veteran who looked to lost in the offense to be any use as a veteran. 

How in the world do you cover TEs? Asking for a friend.

13 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

My take away is that we now know what we already knew:

The defensive front 7 isn't good. I liked the hustle I saw from Zettel, but nothing else looked anything approaching good to me. They had a tough task with a good OL and RBs, but my feelings that they are going to be what holds this team back have only been reinforced. 

If Stafford misses any time, we're in trouble. I hope Cassel doesn't make our roster. He's a veteran who looked to lost in the offense to be any use as a veteran. 

How in the world do you cover TEs? Asking for a friend.

With a tarp.?

Archived