Minor Good News: Harrison LT back at practice SUN

mistakey

12 minutes ago, mistakey said:

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/08/browns_tackle_desmond_harrison.html

cleared to play

Coleman was switched to RT.  i think thats another Sachi failure unfortunately
they like this kid.  I think he has a shot at being the backup LT this year and maybe more goign forward-  everyone seems to love him

Pretty happy that Harrison is getting healthy so we can see what hes got.

I agree that Coleman doesn't seem like the best LT, but "another sashi failure"?  What did we expect of a late 3rd round pick,  exactly how many draft picks is a GM supposed to get pro-bowlers from?  

Miss - Corey Coleman 1st, Cody Kessler 3rd, Deshawn Kizer 2nd, Jorday Payton 5th, Trey Caldwell 5th, Scooby Wright 7th, Roderick Johnson 5th

Looking Iffy/still needs time to tell (based on where they were drafted) - Jabril Peppers 1st, David Njoku 1st, Howard Wilson 4th, Carl Nassib 3rd, Shon Coleman 3rd

Hits (especially based on where some were drafted) - Myles Garrett, Emmanuel Ogbah, Joe Schobert, Derrick Kindred, Larry Ogunjobi, Caleb Brantley, Zane Gonzalez

Looking good / decent backups (again, considering where they were drafted) - Ricardo Louis, Seth DeValve, Spencer Drango, Rashard Higgins, Matthew Dayes

You can argue where I put them, but I love the negativity towards sashi on here, how a late 3rd being a decent backup offensive lineman (did okay starting at RT) and not the starting LT is a failure is beyond me.  Yeah there are a few failures, and 7 seems like a lot in 2 years, but when you draft 24 guys in 2 years, less than 30% doesn't seem all that bad, especially since the same number are starters or starter caliber on your team...hitting as many players as you miss on in the NFL draft is GREAT odds, especially in later rounds.

20 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

I agree that Coleman doesn't seem like the best LT, but "another sashi failure"?  What did we expect of a late 3rd round pick,  exactly how many draft picks is a GM supposed to get pro-bowlers from?  

Miss - Corey Coleman 1st, Cody Kessler 3rd, Deshawn Kizer 2nd, Jorday Payton 5th, Trey Caldwell 5th, Scooby Wright 7th, Roderick Johnson 5th

Looking Iffy/still needs time to tell (based on where they were drafted) - Jabril Peppers 1st, David Njoku 1st, Howard Wilson 4th, Carl Nassib 3rd, Shon Coleman 3rd

Hits (especially based on where some were drafted) - Myles Garrett, Emmanuel Ogbah, Joe Schobert, Derrick Kindred, Larry Ogunjobi, Caleb Brantley, Zane Gonzalez

Looking good / decent backups (again, considering where they were drafted) - Ricardo Louis, Seth DeValve, Spencer Drango, Rashard Higgins, Matthew Dayes

You can argue where I put them, but I love the negativity towards sashi on here, how a late 3rd being a decent backup offensive lineman (did okay starting at RT) and not the starting LT is a failure is beyond me.  Yeah there are a few failures, and 7 seems like a lot in 2 years, but when you draft 24 guys in 2 years, less than 30% doesn't seem all that bad, especially since the same number are starters or starter caliber on your team...hitting as many players as you miss on in the NFL draft is GREAT odds, especially in later rounds.

Njoku is absolutely a hit, could he regress? Sure. But his rookie year was phenomenal at a position where rookies basically never excel (Engram was basically a WR last year, his blocking grades were worst-in-the-league level, Njoku was top ten in the NFL second half of the year). I think Kessler should be in the "looking iffy" category because if he stays in the league as a backup for a decade, that isn't a bad pick it's just not great. But yeah, totally agree with the overall point. Sashi's FO (he didn't scout or call the shots on picks btw, that was Andrew Berry, who Dorsey kept, you don't keep people from the old regime who stunk usually) was actually, as far as we can tell so far, slightly above average at drafting. Other than Coleman, they are really panned for who they DIDN'T draft, not for who they did.

36 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Njoku is absolutely a hit, could he regress? Sure. But his rookie year was phenomenal at a position where rookies basically never excel (Engram was basically a WR last year, his blocking grades were worst-in-the-league level, Njoku was top ten in the NFL second half of the year). I think Kessler should be in the "looking iffy" category because if he stays in the league as a backup for a decade, that isn't a bad pick it's just not great. But yeah, totally agree with the overall point. Sashi's FO (he didn't scout or call the shots on picks btw, that was Andrew Berry, who Dorsey kept, you don't keep people from the old regime who stunk usually) was actually, as far as we can tell so far, slightly above average at drafting. Other than Coleman, they are really panned for who they DIDN'T draft, not for who they did.

Absolutely.

As i said you can argue where I put people, but its hard to call sashi's front office drafts failures.

Njoku I only had in still needs time to tell because it takes time to TE's to mature.  I thought he looked fast and like a big target but his hands and blocking still don't thrill me.  Though he is SUPER young and very promising.  I didn't mean he was iffy I meant he still needed time to find out if he will be a longtime starter or not.

Kessler and Kizer I actually liked where they drafted them and why they did and we just had no interest in them as backups.  Regardless I think Kessler will be a very good backup QB in the league, and Kizer at only 22 who knows what we could become.  My guess is better than Brett Hundley.

Great point about Andrew Berry by the way.  I honestly wish we had kept sashi as trades and contracts were a strong point of his, but I understand after you become the GM its hard to keep him around for the new guys, and its hard for him to take a lesser / old role for him.

13 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

I'm not going after Sashi by any means, but I'd consider moving Drango and Ricardo to iffy or miss. Just my opinion but Drango, I heard, looked terrible covering RG last night, and even before the injury, Ricardo had the worst hands on the team. Ricardo's hands are the love child of Braylon's hands having an affair with Greg Little's hands.

Them some bad hands.

8 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

I'm not going after Sashi by any means, but I'd consider moving Drango and Ricardo to iffy or miss. Just my opinion but Drango, I heard, looked terrible covering RG last night, and even before the injury, Ricardo had the worst hands on the team. Ricardo's hands are the love child of Braylon's hands having an affair with Greg Little's hands.

Them some bad hands.

Drango was terrible our interior oline was awful. Drango moves really poorly, he lumbers around.  Corbett wasn't impressive either. 

I agree about Louis he sucks. He is a good st player should move to safety. 

15 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Stoked about Harrison's return. So how soon will he show Bitonio what it takes to be a REAL NFL LT?

I don’t know, bit was a real D1 LT for 4years starting about 40 straight games. Harrison never started a game. Let’s pump the breaks on Harrison. Dude has a load of potential but I don’t see him playing at all this year. He shouldn’t tho 

20 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

they are really panned for who they DIDN'T draft, not for who they did.

That’s a pretty high standard to hold any GM too imo.

Not only do you have to draft well, but anyone who’s successful that you passed on is held against you as well?  Oh boy...

My favorite thing about this forum is the constant desire to build a late round/undrafted prospect into the next savior of the franchise. It happens, but it's not often. Shout-out: kai/Rod Johnson/Scooby Wright/Armonty Bryant/Carlton Mitchell/Alex Hall

I’d trade Coleman for Donald Penn if it means we get him for two years with an opt out. I know the Raiders went him home. He’s old but I think Moving Bitonio back to LG is what’s best. Groom Corbett to be our C of the future. Cut Tretter next year. 

Archived