Minor Good News: Harrison LT back at practice SUN

mistakey

40 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

My favorite thing about this forum is the constant desire to build a late round/undrafted prospect into the next savior of the franchise. It happens, but it's not often. Shout-out: kai/Rod Johnson/Scooby Wright/Armonty Bryant/Carlton Mitchell/Alex Hall

LAY OFF ALEX HALL

42 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

My favorite thing about this forum is the constant desire to build a late round/undrafted prospect into the next savior of the franchise. It happens, but it's not often. Shout-out: kai/Rod Johnson/Scooby Wright/Armonty Bryant/Carlton Mitchell/Alex Hall

Scooby Wright deserved it tho. Dude was one of the best LBs in college until a knee injury ruined his last year in college. 

23 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Scooby Wright deserved it tho. Dude was one of the best LBs in college until a knee injury ruined his last year in college. 

I loved Scooby.  I thought he could actually make the team and possibly be a starting LB if he was drafted higher.  Didn't get much of a chance with the 7th round pick.

22 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

Pretty happy that Harrison is getting healthy so we can see what hes got.

I agree that Coleman doesn't seem like the best LT, but "another sashi failure"?  What did we expect of a late 3rd round pick,  exactly how many draft picks is a GM supposed to get pro-bowlers from?  

Miss - Corey Coleman 1st, Cody Kessler 3rd, Deshawn Kizer 2nd, Jorday Payton 5th, Trey Caldwell 5th, Scooby Wright 7th, Roderick Johnson 5th

Looking Iffy/still needs time to tell (based on where they were drafted) - Jabril Peppers 1st, David Njoku 1st, Howard Wilson 4th, Carl Nassib 3rd, Shon Coleman 3rd

Hits (especially based on where some were drafted) - Myles Garrett, Emmanuel Ogbah, Joe Schobert, Derrick Kindred, Larry Ogunjobi, Caleb Brantley, Zane Gonzalez

Looking good / decent backups (again, considering where they were drafted) - Ricardo Louis, Seth DeValve, Spencer Drango, Rashard Higgins, Matthew Dayes

You can argue where I put them, but I love the negativity towards sashi on here, how a late 3rd being a decent backup offensive lineman (did okay starting at RT) and not the starting LT is a failure is beyond me.  Yeah there are a few failures, and 7 seems like a lot in 2 years, but when you draft 24 guys in 2 years, less than 30% doesn't seem all that bad, especially since the same number are starters or starter caliber on your team...hitting as many players as you miss on in the NFL draft is GREAT odds, especially in later rounds.

I would say its too early to call those first 3 misses.,.....Coleman has had legitimate injuries....I remember watching his first game against the Ravens his rookie year...he looked like he had the talent......Kessler kinda reminds me of Colt McCoy....so he could wind up being a solid backup and Kiser is a 22 year old kid who everyone knew would need at least a year or two on the bench to learn the QB position...he still has elite tools to work with...

And last but not least Scooby Wright is currently the Backup MLB for the Cardinals (and was for a portion of last year).....2nd string MLB who's good on special teams with the next to last pick in the entire draft.....I wouldnt call that a miss.....I'd move him to decent backup perhaps?

Sashi was my guy......

1 hour ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Takes me back to the Babatunde Oshinowo days.

2 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Takes me back to the Babatunde Oshinowo days.

1 hour ago, mistakey said:

I tried so hard to convince myself that haloti ngata for kamerion Wimbley and oshinowo was a fair trade

I believed a you guys as well. 

Osh has a better bench press. 

what losers Baltimore were right up until the seasons started. 

10 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

For our line I want Bitonio, Corbett, Tretter, zeitler, Hubbard. 

Then Harrison, Coleman, robinson  and either Fabiano or someone else as back up c. 

I’m ready to move on form drango. 

I really want Robinson to step up and the light come on so Bitonio can move back to LG.  Our run blocking looked to be the chink in the armor and bitonio back to lg would help that a lot if Robinson doesn’t get Tyrod killed.

3 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

I really want Robinson to step up and the light come on so Bitonio can move back to LG.  Our run blocking looked to be the chink in the armor and bitonio back to lg would help that a lot if Robinson doesn’t get Tyrod killed.

Rather have an elite line from LG C RG RT then an Average line because we want to Play guys out of position. There has to be someone who will play there that’s average to the point we can play a TE to that side and chip 

19 hours ago, mistakey said:

I tried so hard to convince myself that haloti ngata for kamerion Wimbley and oshinowo was a fair trade

LOL. That was the first year where I truly followed the draft and I was absolutely furious when we made that trade. Especially when we not only passed on Ngata, but gave him to the f'ing Ravens for essentially nothing.

46 minutes ago, DawgX said:

LOL. That was the first year where I truly followed the draft and I was absolutely furious when we made that trade. Especially when we not only passed on Ngata, but gave him to the f'ing Ravens for essentially nothing.

Yeah, I still remember flipping out when the trade was announced and just despondent when all was said and done.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah, I still remember flipping out when the trade was announced and just despondent when all was said and done.

And then Savage wimped out and blamed it on Romeo.

I'm so ready to put these monumental blunders behind us, but there are so many of them, they always smack me in the face when I'm not ready for it.

1 hour ago, ReggieCamp said:

And then Savage wimped out and blamed it on Romeo.

I'm so ready to put these monumental blunders behind us, but there are so many of them, they always smack me in the face when I'm not ready for it.

Crazy how far things have come from a GM blaming the coaching staff.

Now our coaching staff blames the front office.

Archived