DreamKid

Pre-Season Week 1 vs LAR

They finally get their protection to hold up and Canady gets em. He's bounced back this week after that slip up against the Bears. Corner depth rearing it's head.

Tim Williams has also put together two straight games of nothing but solid pressure off of the edge with a variety of moves. It's amazing what the kid can do when you let him loose instead of just telling him to bull rush or hand fight.

I told you guys Perriman wasn't a bust.....................honestly good for him. Dude has gotten beat up on.

We've seen Perriman make special plays, the problem is extracting consistent play from him. Which is always prevented by injuries, the regression that then follows, and his base issue with drops. I don't see what he could do to convince us those concerns aren't real enough to say goodbye.

3 hours ago, BareYourTeeth said:

Why isn't LA playing their starters?

No reason to risk injury. 

so reading up on the game it seems Rams should look for a decent QB2. think they call the Ravens and trade for RGIII? they watched him in training, i personally hope Ravens keep him and redshirt LJ for the season but he could fetch a 5th or 6th round pick i guess?

1 hour ago, berlin calling said:

so reading up on the game it seems Rams should look for a decent QB2. think they call the Ravens and trade for RGIII? they watched him in training, i personally hope Ravens keep him and redshirt LJ for the season but he could fetch a 5th or 6th round pick i guess?

Yeah at this point we have no incentive to release RGIII. Someone will trade for him, and if not then we have Lamar's backup next year and moving forward.

3 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I told you guys Perriman wasn't a bust.....................honestly good for him. Dude has gotten beat up on.

It's literally one preseason game vs. 2 years of real games here. He's a certified bust.

1. Perriman is a certified bust. Is it still possible to get some contribution out of him? Yes, if he can excel as a gunner and be a deep threat backup. I won’t count him out yet, and don’t mind him making the team, as long as others get the chance. Last season he got so many chances without producing, we hindered the development of young receivers.

2. RGIII would be the perfect backup for Lamar Jackson, potentially for several years. With the number crunching this year it is doubtful however if we chose to keep him if we get a trade offer as it seems we have a lot of depth on the roster. RGIII could get a roster spot as an insurance in case we use Lamar Jackson in games and he get injured. Then the backup would be Josh Woodrum which is not a nice thought.

3. I haven’t watched the game yet but the back up olines show up in bad ways too much. Eluemunor getting beat bad on one play, Bozeman not being able to reach his man on a block (it was a linebacker and he wasn’t fast enough to get in the way. All I hear about Skura is how he is not able to hold up against stronger competition. Bozeman, Siragusa and Lewis better improve fast.

4. Orlando Brown seemed to give up too much ground on a couple of plays I saw. Could be an attempt to prevent the outside speed rush, and then hope he can drop the anchor and stonewall the pass rusher. He did almost collapse the pocket himself though by stepping back too much into the pocket.

5. Elliot just finds the ball and they use him as a free safety. I don’t know what call was made, but I don’t believe he had a middle field assignment on the Rams touchdown down the middle. Both him and the other safety was too aggressive though moving either towards the slant (Elliot) or the out (other guy)

6. Tim White fan here, but Janarion Grant shows enough as a returner and receiver to be a serious candidate for the 53 man roster

7. Gonna watch for Jaleel Scott, he doesn’t seem to impress atm.

8. John Kelly showed a little of why he was one of my favorite players in the draft. He would have had a good chance to make our roster

9. Dixon being out is seriously hurting him. If he can’t make it at the third preseason game and show some significant ability to separate from Thompson and Edwards, Dixon is gone.

10. Thompson and Edwards are going to be a fun battle to watch. Seems like Edwards is the more explosive runner while Thompson is the more well rounded player. A 3. String running back who can pass block and catch the ball – I think Thompson has the edge atm.

5 hours ago, DreamKid said:

What he do to merit this post?

15 minutes ago, drd23 said:

What he do to merit this post?

3 catches for 71 yards and a TD I believe.

Honestly, if he consistently made the catches he did on the TD, he would do what he was drafted to do.

But he has just as many easy drops at critical moments with really bad outcomes, and while he apparently was open more than we thought during games, he would also give up on plays where he wasn't the primary target or he didn't fight to get back to the football.