Pre-Season Week 1 vs LAR

DreamKid

4 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah at this point we have no incentive to release RGIII. Someone will trade for him, and if not then we have Lamar's backup next year and moving forward.

whoever the backup is, better be serviceable, because with Jacksons frame and playing style, he is going to miss a lot of games

5 hours ago, drd23 said:

What he do to merit this post?

I was being sarcastic, but he did have a strong game. He had some routine catches for good yardage, and then one of his UCF bomb specials for a TD.

Like I said though, what can he possibly do to convince us to trust him lol? The dude has burned way too many times for us not to trust the data and trends given. Perriman is a guy who's first NFL catch was a 50/50 snag over the top of Stephen Gilmore, he's good at tricking us.

4 hours ago, paraven said:

whoever the backup is, better be serviceable, because with Jacksons frame and playing style, he is going to miss a lot of games

Yeah he definitely needs to go to the Russell Wilson school of "how to preserve your body while being a mobile QB", because he's already taking a lot of shots - but it is the preseason of his rookie year. He'll get smarter and take less shots, especially in real games. 

I was at work and then saw we blew them out. All I need to know is...

Did The Mighty, Fiery G.O.A.T Joe Flacco drag his nuts for the one series he was in? And if so, are people excited? Vinnie Cerrato is probably one of the biggest Flacco detractors I've heard, and he's been gassing up my man Flacco. Did he look good? Let a real one know, please, haha.

2 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

I was at work and then saw we blew them out. All I need to know is...

Did The Mighty, Fiery G.O.A.T Joe Flacco drag his nuts for the one series he was in? And if so, are people excited? Vinnie Cerrato is probably one of the biggest Flacco detractors I've heard, and he's been gassing up my man Flacco. Did he look good? Let a real one know, please, haha.

Yea nuts were draggin from the dragon, he showed off his wheels and the arm. Threw it out of bounds when nothing was there, extended plays when it was safe, dude looked good. 

Zach Sieler is a great example of why you need to lean on athleticism and production profiles for late round picks. It's paid off 3 years in a row for us now. 2016- Matt Judon 5th round pick, 2017- Chuck Clark 6th round pick, 2018 Zach Sieler 7th round pick.

Happy to see the young beast continuing to stand out on limited snaps-

That was a strong outing for pretty much everyone except the backup O-lineman. I like how Jackson is trying to stay in the pocket and go through reads. But yea, he needs to learn from Russell Wilson if the line is going to be that bad. Encouraging outing minus that one forced throw that should have been picked at the start of the second half. He was moving the ball down the field consistently.

Flacco moving as well and comfortably as he did was the best thing to see. The whole "knee brace doesn't affect play" spiel from last year was nonsense.

H2Old is going to be a huge factor immediately. And John Brown still has the speed that makes me think he'll be the top WR.

Sieler and Tim Williams were excellent and will add to the riches on the ends.

happy they signed Crabtree, Brown and Snead for WR1-3 and have Moore seemingly finally breaking through.

Lasley and Scott will not do anything this season, else i'd be very surprised. at least they have time to build on their skills much like LJ, since the Ravens seemingly understood somehow that Rookies may take a year or two to realise their potential.

On 8/9/2018 at 10:30 PM, berlin calling said:

so reading up on the game it seems Rams should look for a decent QB2. think they call the Ravens and trade for RGIII? they watched him in training, i personally hope Ravens keep him and redshirt LJ for the season but he could fetch a 5th or 6th round pick i guess?

I'd do a 2020 7th, but there's no reason for us to offer more. With most teams only keeping two QBs, odds are that a serviceable backup is cut loose. I'd like to have RGIII because I think Mannion is bad, but I wouldn't give up much for him. Frankly, if we're really desperate, sign Colin Kaepernick.

Orlando Brown Jr. and Maurice Canady made PFF's team of the week.

RIGHT TACKLE

Orlando Browns Jr., Baltimore Ravens – 81.6

In 57 snaps at right tackle against the Rams, Brown didn’t allow a single pressure all day. He added in an impressive 82.7 run-blocking grade for a complete day at the office.

CORNERBACK

Maurice Canady, Baltimore Ravens – 93.8

Canady only spent nine snaps in coverage, but he made them count. The third-year corner picked off a pass on his only target on the evening.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-preseason-week-1-nfl-team-of-the-week

Archived