Game 0.1, 2018: Atlanta Falcons @ New York Jets

Bianconero

Both Bridgewater and Darnold looked incredible, poised and made throws all night long. It's a shame that we went conservative on the play calling in the second half, but it's understandable.

Defense looked fast, disruptive and they were swarming out there.

Hopefully Crowell isn't out for a while, I really like what he brings to our team this year.

Overall just an incredible performance, hell of a way to start the year.

Nice showing by Sterling tonight. Cannon has speed to burn but should leave the PR duties to someone else.

Darnold was the best player on the field today.  I think he played better than Teddy by a hair. We have ourselves a problem.

Teddy wont be on this team week 1. He did play well tonight though. I am personally happy for him and hope for success after quite a journey. Jets wont keep him to start him over Darnold. 

Sam Darnold did a great job tonight. He looked poised, he was under constant pressure and made the right decisions. Only bad play I saw was the deep ball to Cannon, whom had his man beat by a mile and the ball wasn't even close. The element of his game needs work, but the poise, the short and intermediate accuracy along the the escapability and pocket awareness were all on display. The stat-line was far from impressive, but that was mostly due to his supporting cast not playing very well, especially the line and a few receivers. 

Defense was great all around tonight. Jones is going to be a steal for us. Kid can play.

Ardarious Stewart is bad. Poor draft pick. The move down with the Vikings still the worst move Mac has made as the GM. Even worse that the player we selected is terrible.

Its preseason, but we certainly have way more talent than last year. We also should have beaten the Falcons at home last year as well. 

Overall very nice first game tonight. 

Things could not have gone better in last nights game, Bowles played it right starting Terry and than coming it with Darnold. both looked real good. I hate comparing QB's but Darnold, reminds me of a young Eli Maning,a bit smaller than Eli, but just as good a arm and is a faster runner than Eli. Did I hear that right last night someone said if Darnold starts the first game of the season he will be the youngest QB in the history of the NFL to start at such a young age? No way I would trade Bridgewater for less than a # 2 pick in the draft. WIN LOSE OR DRAW this year I don't care there is no question we finally got our QB of the future. 

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

Feels good to know that I won't have to log in and see a bunch of QB threads anymore. lol 

Rick I could not agree more, it been forty years of QB threads about QB's since Joe Namath left, thank god it is over. Darnold is the man.

Archived