Rams pre-season thread

RamRod

I really didnt watch much of the game after I saw no starters were playing while the Ravens played their starters. I saw glimpses of Mannion struggling but to be fair, McVay said he was having a very good camp and its hard to judge him against the Ravens starting defense that has Suggs, Mosley, Weddle, Carr, etc... while the Rams werent playing Gurley, their starting oline (except for Brown who is the weakest of the starting group), no starting tight ends or receivers. So I am not going to be hard on him because I feel like it was an unfair advantage with McVay not showing anything on offense and the defense wasnt playing their starters (except for Ebukam) going up against Flacco (Superbowl winning QB and is reportedly having the best camp of his career) and the rest of the Ravens starters. Plus Wade wasnt going to show anything on defense either.

Last night was just to play a Week 1 preseason game and try to come away relatively healthy. We saw the Niners suffer injuries from Kittle and Brieda, We saw the Redskins suffer an injury from Guice. Even the Colts suffered an injury from Mack. The only injury to note from McVay was Countess and it doesnt sound serious from the way I came away from it. So Week 1 of the preseason was a success in my eyes regardless of the final score. Plus Westbrooks had 2 sacks, Davis continues to look good and Kelly looked good. People went crazy over Barkley 39yd run but what about Kelly 40yd run? Like that was very nice.

To be fair, Mannion played with an horrible Oline and the receiver didn't help him. 

I'm more worried about the depht on the Oline than the performance of Mannion...We have to pray that our starter won't get injured...it will be awful otherwise. 

Also, Cooper as a receiver is very disapointing i don't think he's an option to be a starter if Kupp is injured. 

Very impressive performance from DAvis and Kelly with this oline. 

Troy Hill is no good...

27 minutes ago, Flounch said:

To be fair, Mannion played with an horrible Oline and the receiver didn't help him. 

I'm more worried about the depht on the Oline than the performance of Mannion...We have to pray that our starter won't get injured...it will be awful otherwise. 

Also, Cooper as a receiver is very disapointing i don't think he's an option to be a starter if Kupp is injured. 

Very impressive performance from DAvis and Kelly with this oline. 

Troy Hill is no good...

When has Mannion ever flashed? We need an upgrade. Plenty of other backups look good in the preseason with other backups. 

Last preseason he played pretty solid football and have some good throws. 

Thursday he played most of the time against Baltimore first team defense. The Oline was very poor and no backup QB would have been good in this condition. 

8 hours ago, Flounch said:

Last preseason he played pretty solid football and have some good throws. 

Thursday he played most of the time against Baltimore first team defense. The Oline was very poor and no backup QB would have been good in this condition. 

He stunk last preseason. Our offense barely put up points when he was on the field.

Archived