Rams pre-season thread

RamRod

4 hours ago, Flounch said:

He didn't stink last preseason, i even though he played better than Goff. 

f4713759a3e3c17edc5a7a0097e09d23f97af2d9

5d7f23ad1e812790cc13e7600012f184a4411180

4b101c5432acfd5b10b79109e63e8577f1cf1b13

And you were nuts to have that opinion back then. It didn't align with the film or the stats. The problem for Mannion is even when he puts up decent numbers, the offense doesn't have success. As I pointed out to you last preseason:

On 9/3/2017 at 5:06 PM, jrry32 said:

You're nuts if you're claiming that Mannion looked better. The Rams scored 56 points in the 3 games that Mannion and Goff played. The Rams scored 27 of those 56 points on Goff's 8 drives. The Rams scored 29 of 56 points on Mannion's 20 drives. That means that the Rams averaged 3.38 points per Goff drive and 1.45 points per Mannion drive. Mannion wasn't leading scoring drives.

Mannion has never flashed when I've watched him. He looks like an anchor to me.

9 minutes ago, Flounch said:

I'm not saying he's the best backup QB in the NFL, but thursday the game showed bigger issue than the QB. 

The issue is that it's much easier to fix the Mannion issue than the other issues, and the other issues are nowhere near as problematic for us.

Again, you can't compare what Goff is doing with the 1st team and what Mannion did with the 2nd team. Last year with the 2nd team, Mannion was good. 

Now if you can tell me that if you put Goff with the 2nd team against the Ravens starter and he would score 2 TD, well ok i would admit Mannion is our biggest issue. 

But that's not the case, Mannion didn't play well thursday but do not forget that he played against the Ravens Starter with the 2nd string units.

18 hours ago, Flounch said:

Again, you can't compare what Goff is doing with the 1st team and what Mannion did with the 2nd team. Last year with the 2nd team, Mannion was good. 

Now if you can tell me that if you put Goff with the 2nd team against the Ravens starter and he would score 2 TD, well ok i would admit Mannion is our biggest issue. 

But that's not the case, Mannion didn't play well thursday but do not forget that he played against the Ravens Starter with the 2nd string units.

No, he wasn't good. He was very pedestrian, and our offense stalled when he came into games.

Just now, Car_Ramrod said:

Mannion is a statue back there and doesn’t have the athletic ability to boot leg what so ever.. 

And then you add in the slow release and slow mental processing speed. He's a disaster waiting to happen if he plays in real games.

13 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Noteboom had a great game. He handled Arden Key with ease. Our OL that had Noteboom, Allen, Blythe, and Brown on it looked really good.

Disappointing because he has been the talk of camp for the Raiders. How did you think Hurst and Hall did? Unfortunately I couldn't watch the game but I saw some snips and have read Hall looked very good again.

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Disappointing because he has been the talk of camp for the Raiders. How did you think Hurst and Hall did? Unfortunately I couldn't watch the game but I saw some snips and have read Hall looked very good again.

Honestly I saw Hurst make a couple of plays, and Hall very well could have to, but I wasn't watching for his name and don't remember it being called a lot. I recognized Hurst because of the draft falling and the press he got plus I loved him as a prospect. But also I was listening to the Rams broadcast and they didn't that I recall mention Hall, he could have had a good game I just didn't hear him called by our guys.

Archived