Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RamRod

Rams pre-season thread

Recommended Posts

Mannion performance yesterday was bad but Brandon Allen is not better...so we have to deal with this one more year. 

The Oline was much better than last week but the defense stood out. Kiser, Franklin, Ebukam shows good things. I also like Laguda, i thought he played very well. 

I hope mcvay will play the starter next week for a quarter or something...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Disappointing because he has been the talk of camp for the Raiders. How did you think Hurst and Hall did? Unfortunately I couldn't watch the game but I saw some snips and have read Hall looked very good again.

Hurst made a lot of plays later after we pulled some of our guys from the second-team OL. He did have a nice pressure against the second-team OL (Blythe and Allen), but they held up well in pass pro for the first quarter. Hall had a quick hurry against starting RG Jamon Brown where he forced Mannion to move, but Brown was able to push him past the QB. That's all I remember on Hall. If they were on the field for running downs, our starting group didn't run the ball well, so they did their job there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Flounch said:

Mannion performance yesterday was bad but Brandon Allen is not better...so we have to deal with this one more year. 

The Oline was much better than last week but the defense stood out. Kiser, Franklin, Ebukam shows good things. I also like Laguda, i thought he played very well. 

I hope mcvay will play the starter next week for a quarter or something...

Nah. Sign a FA or make a trade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like we'll likely be signing Junior Galette because Obo's injury isn't progressing as we hoped:

Either ways, I think Galette would be a tremendous addition to our team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope we snag a back up QB from camp cuts. Particularly RG3 based on his experience with McVay and Baltimore not likely to keep 3 QB's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Easley is being tried at OLB and is reportedly down to 261 pounds (they believe it'll be easier on his knees).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Easley is being tried at OLB and is reportedly down to 261 pounds (they believe it'll be easier on his knees).

Very Interesting. That would really be something if he could give meaningful snaps there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Easley is being tried at OLB and is reportedly down to 261 pounds (they believe it'll be easier on his knees).

I like it. It can't really hurt since I wasn't counting on Easley really for DL help. But I think we need a veteran OLB to start the season. Trading for Shane Ray makes sense to me even though he will be a FA after next season. We are built to win now with the 1yr deals. I would give a 5th for Ray knowing we will also have two 3rd round compensatory picks for Tru and Sammy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

I like it. It can't really hurt since I wasn't counting on Easley really for DL help. But I think we need a veteran OLB to start the season. Trading for Shane Ray makes sense to me even though he will be a FA after next season. We are built to win now with the 1yr deals. I would give a 5th for Ray knowing we will also have two 3rd round compensatory picks for Tru and Sammy.

Shane Ray can’t stay healthy, read he’s had several surgeries to repair the same hand and isn’t ready to play yet. Waste to trade for him as things stand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

Shane Ray can’t stay healthy, read he’s had several surgeries to repair the same hand and isn’t ready to play yet. Waste to trade for him as things stand.

Yea Id say Ray is a bad investment right now. Maybe as a guy looking to rebuild his value next year, but I wouldnt give up an asset and pay the money he is owed right now.

I feel like we have to get a Backup QB somewhere. We are a contender and Manion just isnt going to cut it. There should be a decent guy or two cut, and if not we need to toss a 6th/5th rounder or something at what could be a vital spot on the roster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Yea Id say Ray is a bad investment right now. Maybe as a guy looking to rebuild his value next year, but I wouldnt give up an asset and pay the money he is owed right now.

I feel like we have to get a Backup QB somewhere. We are a contender and Manion just isnt going to cut it. There should be a decent guy or two cut, and if not we need to toss a 6th/5th rounder or something at what could be a vital spot on the roster

Haven't really looked at the Backup QBs around the league, but why Don't we just sign Matt Moore? Has been a decent enough backup for a handful of years in this league with Carolina and Miami and our QB coach knows him from the time they spent together in Miami. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Yea Id say Ray is a bad investment right now. Maybe as a guy looking to rebuild his value next year, but I wouldnt give up an asset and pay the money he is owed right now.

I feel like we have to get a Backup QB somewhere. We are a contender and Manion just isnt going to cut it. There should be a decent guy or two cut, and if not we need to toss a 6th/5th rounder or something at what could be a vital spot on the roster

There will be some good players cut loose. The Steelers almost have to cut one of their four. The Ravens could keep three, but I see them looking to deal RGIII if they can. Offer up a 2020 7th for a backup who has shown something. I'll bet we can get someone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Haven't really looked at the Backup QBs around the league, but why Don't we just sign Matt Moore?

I actually went and took a look around the league of who could be cut, and to be honest, Matt Moore might be the best option at this point. But remember he is now 34, so I wonder what kind of shape he is in. just for reference;

  • AFC East - Doubtful that BB would move on from Brian Hoyer at this point, The Bills probably keep all 3 guys, I would love to pry away Josh McCown now that Darnold looked so good but they probably move Teddy instead (too rich), but the fins wont keep all of David Fales/Brock Osweiler/Bryce Petty and depending on who they might be a nice get.
  • AFC West - Do you want anything to do with Paxton Lynch? Andy Reid probably hangs on to Chad Henne but maybe Matt McGlion is an upgrade. Geno Smith probably sticks in LA and dont really want Cardale Jones. And Im not sure the Raider drop either Conner Cook or EJ Manuel with Carr's health track record
  • AFC South - Surprisingly Houston doesnt have much at backup QB (Brandon Weedon). Colts probably hang onto Jacoby Brissett and would want a ransom for him anyway. Wouldnt hate Cody Kellser, but doubt the Jags let him go. And the Titans likely hang onto Blaine Gabbert.
  • AFC North - RG3 has been mentioned, probably need to trade for him. If for some reason the Bengals let Matt Barkley go maybe him. Id keep an eye on Drew Stanton being dropped by the Browns. And with Rudolph in Pitt, maybe Landry Jones becomes expendable.
  • NFC East - Dallas is barren behind Dak. Giants will hang onto Joe Webb. The Eagles have a complete mess with their QB depth chart, so now they probably hang onto Nate Sudfeld, and I dont want to bring in Christian Hackenberg. But id probably be interested in either of the Washington backups, Colt McCoy/Kevin Hogan.
  • NFC West - Surprisingly our division has almost no Backup QBs, much less ones that might be cut. if by chance they feel good about Sam & Rosen, Mike Glennon might be cut loose from the Cards. Other than that... maybe the Hawks move on from Austin Davis, but is he an upgrade?
  • NFC South - Much like our division, every team here mostly needs the backups they have, or also need an upgrade like us. But would the Saints part ways with Tom Savage? Thats about your only option here
  • NFC North - The Bears will for sure hang onto Chase Daniel and Tyler Bray doesnt really do it for me. Not even sure what Matt Cassel has left in the tank, but I bet he sticks in Detroit. Trevor Siemian is the type of backup we need, because as a contender the Vikings were smart to get him. One of the big places to look is Green Bay as Brett Hundley and Deshone Kizer fight it out to hold the clipboard behind Rodgers

So as stated up front, Matt Moore might be the most enticing option at this point. If not him Id say were looking at throwing a future draft pick for RG3, Hundley/Kizer or Landry Jones. Or we wait to try and snag Osweiler/Fales, McGloin, Stanton, Hogan, Glennon, or pry a team makes a dumb decision over a younger guy with potential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about Sanchez? Not great, but can manage a game quite well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×