FF Devy League Discussion Thread

IDOG_det

On 12/29/2017 at 11:32 AM, Oregon Ducks said:

How are ya'lls devy players looking?

Josh Rosen - Top QB in the draft. Easily top 5 pick, but will probably end up in a crap situation. Hopefully the top teams in the draft pass on him because of his "character concerns" (which are way overblown tbh) and he goes mid first round to a decent team. Or to the Giants at the top lol. They have a decent situation.

Equanimeous St. Brown - Big drop off in production from 2016, but that had more to do with ND's QB play and offensive game-planning than anything else. Still possible 1st round pick once he shows at combine, if he decides to come out. 

Mike Weber - Didn't get as much playing time as I hoped due to the emergence of JK Dobbins, but still had over 600 yds and 10 TD. Only a Soph, and I'd guess he'll return to school. 

Antonio Callaway - Ugh...Hopefully he has a great combine. Talented enough to be a top 3 or 4 WR taken, too bad he's a jackass...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

@IDOG_det

Do you think this thread would fit better in the Fantasy Football Leagues forum?

It seems Fantasy leagues for Football are now going in that subforum instead of here. I was going to move it but I wanted to check with you first.

Yeah, that would work. Could also move over our roster thread

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

@Adrenaline_Flux
@I_GET_SAX
@devils1854
@zelbell

@BigBillsFan13
@catcheryea

@Utley

We'll start the draft when everyone re-confirms they are still going to be active in this league. SirA1, JBURGE, Oregon Ducks, jfin: you have all posted in here recently so you don't have to re-confirm. We'll be doing an offline draft and I will make a draft page for us either tonight or tomorrow morning. I imported all rookies to your teams already, let me know if I made a mistake or missed a player. Every player that is draft eligible is listed under the "players" section in the league page. As well, because this is a devy league, college players are eligible to drafted. I will provide a list of college players that have already been drafted and are already on someone's devy squad (there aren't very many). The draft will be a mix of both college players and NFL players, so keep that in mind when drafting or if you want to make a big board to help you during the draft. There won't be separate drafts for NFL/rookies and college players.

If anyone wants to discuss any rule changes, now would be a good time to do it. I expanded the roster size to 25 for the time being so no one has to cut down their rosters while we draft. We can keep it at 25 if everyone likes it or we can go back down to 20 after the draft. As a reminder, devy rosters are currently set at 4, but we can easily expand that if you guys would like. The larger the devy roster, the better chance you have to strike gold and find a breakout player while he's still in college. I should also note that you don't have to have exactly 4 devy players. You can have less if you like, although I wouldn't suggest that because you're basically giving away draft picks by doing that. You can have more than 4, but for every player you that go over you will have to forfeit an active roster spot. For example, if I want to have 5 devy players instead of 4, I can do that but I will only be allowed to carry 19 players on my roster instead of 20 (which is why I would be in favor of keeping the rosters at 25, this would give everyone a little more flexibility). This is something you'll want to consider carefully because you cannot cut your devy players until they enter the NFL , so you run the risk of hurting your depth if you decide to go over.

If you have any questions or if I was unclear about anything, @ me and I'll try to clarify things. Take a look at your rosters and see if things are all correct. Hopefully, we can start this draft soon but there is still no rush. We have over a month before the season starts.