Preseason: Around the League

Klomp

Caught some of a couple different games last night. 

I thought the Tyrod and Baker both looked pretty good. If Josh Gordon comes back at  80% of what he was, and Dez Bryant signs and becomes at least a red zone threat, the Browns could compete this year. Landry is good, Njoku looks to be coming around, Chubb and Hyde are a solid 1-2 punch, and the defense is solid. There really shouldn’t be any excuses there. They’re no longer the worst roster in the league. 

Jimmy G looked decent, and I think Marquise Goodwin is going to have over 1000 yards this year. I do not think San Fran will win the West though. I wasn’t impressed with McKinnon, and I don’t think they’ll be able to rely on their running game much. Jimmy will have to be Brady-esque for them to knock off the Rams. 

Saquon Barkley is the real deal. It will be interesting to see what this does for an Eli resurgence. Barkley/Beckham has the chance to be as good, or better, than Bell/Brown. 

5 hours ago, Klomp said:

You know there's only one guy I'd start this thread with.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GddAVnajf7E

Had some good throws/decisions and some bad throws/decisions. #8 should've hauled in that bomb for a TD, right through his hands. I was impressed with his pocket mobility/presence and he had some nice scrambles. I think I'd be feeling positive after his debut if I were a Bills fan.

59 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Had some good throws/decisions and some bad throws/decisions. #8 should've hauled in that bomb for a TD, right through his hands. I was impressed with his pocket mobility/presence and he had some nice scrambles. I think I'd be feeling positive after his debut if I were a Bills fan.

Watching that video, I'd certainly be okay with the performance.  Now, he probably wouldn't get away with some of those decisions he made if it were the regular season, but he did aight.  

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Watching that video, I'd certainly be okay with the performance.  Now, he probably wouldn't get away with some of those decisions he made if it were the regular season, but he did aight.  

Agreed, based on the video. A few defenders dropped INTs but his own WRs had a few drops as well. Hopefully he can learn from it and improve in game #2.

5 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Decision making from Allen still needs work, and his attempts to escape pressure by running backwards need to stop. Won’t work at the NFL level. 

That was a negative I had on him from his college games. 

I’ve never been a great QB evaluator, but running backwards is never something you want to see. He got away with it in college, doesn’t happen ALL that often in the NFL. 

Overall, I still love his arm.

7 hours ago, Klomp said:

You know there's only one guy I'd start this thread with.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GddAVnajf7E

Dang, impressive, thanks for posting that.  Wow must be exciting to be a Bills fan right now with that guy as your future.  Kid looked good and that arm is crazy impressive, still long ways to go but has way more upside than a guy like Tyrod ever had.  I would assume AJ starts this season and if things go bad Allen will come in, but dang what potential for down the road.  

Shaquem had a great game as well for Seattle, had like 9 tackles and I believe four in a row at one point.  Looked good which is great, will fit nicely with that speed linebacker system there in Seattle and a possible future Hall of Famer to learn under in Bobby Wagner.

Archived