Preseason: Around the League

Klomp

6 minutes ago, perrynoid said:

Don't you mean to us, for Sendejo?

I personally don’t want to get rid of Sendejo unless it would be something that could blow us away. 

They don’t have a lineman they would sell us with all their injuries right now. 

Probably wouldn’t get much more than “maybe” a 5th. For this price I think it would be more valuable to just keep him and have another key piece for the defense.

42 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I personally don’t want to get rid of Sendejo unless it would be something that could blow us away. 

They don’t have a lineman they would sell us with all their injuries right now. 

Probably wouldn’t get much more than “maybe” a 5th. For this price I think it would be more valuable to just keep him and have another key piece for the defense.

My preference would be to keep him also; however, the Cowboys might think that since we've signed Iloka and are deep at the position, that we might be amenable to a trade?  We could also unload his salary if we traded him, and that might mean the difference between extending one of our other players.

9 minutes ago, perrynoid said:

My preference would be to keep him also; however, the Cowboys might think that since we've signed Iloka and are deep at the position, that we might be amenable to a trade?  We could also unload his salary if we traded him, and that might mean the difference between extending one of our other players.

I just don’t see what we would get back being my point. I wouldn’t unload Sendejo for a 5th round pick, and they just don’t have any lineman of value to give up. 

I wouldn’t mind if Sendejo went there, I would rather just keep him if all we get is pennies and some extra salary cap. 

16 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

I just don’t see what we would get back being my point. I wouldn’t unload Sendejo for a 5th round pick, and they just don’t have any lineman of value to give up. 

I wouldn’t mind if Sendejo went there, I would rather just keep him if all we get is pennies and some extra salary cap. 

Exactly. We can cut Sendejo with no penalty against the cap after this year, and we still have enough to extend Barr this off-season. I don't see why we would give up depth for late round picks on a team that's super bowl window is right now.

On 8/26/2018 at 9:40 PM, gopherwrestler said:

Fans always undervalue players for draft pick value though.

How many people saw Percy Harvin go for a 1st, 3rd and 7th?

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Fans always undervalue players for draft pick value though.

How many people saw Percy Harvin go for a 1st, 3rd and 7th?

It’s more positional value for Sendejo. 

Safety is just undervalued by teams. Low contracts this past offseason along with quality free agents still available. 

4 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

A lot of people, actually. Harvin was coming off of a near MVP caliber season. He was one of the premier playmakers in the NFL at the point of his trade.

In the NFL Gen, people said he would fetch at most a 3rd because of x,y and z. Not many people saw him go for that much.

11 hours ago, vike daddy said:

i predicted something pretty similar in a mock draft.

That's crazy. I think non-Vikings fans had a much lower opinion of him.

Point is that over the years, I've seen a lot of fans undervalue a players worth. I think someone like Sendejo could go for more than a 5th.

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

That's crazy. I think non-Vikings fans had a much lower opinion of him.

Point is that over the years, I've seen a lot of fans undervalue a players worth. I think someone like Sendejo could go for more than a 5th.

Seeing him and what he could do every game probably helped.

It's the same thing with diggs I feel like although he is starting to get more respect now

Archived