EPL Thread

SalvadorsDeli

5 hours ago, The LBC said:

Now, I'm speaking more to who they hire in the summer, but barring them somehow turning thing around to the point of winning the league or beating PSG in the CL Round of 16 en route to at least a semi-final, if not final, showing, whoever handles things from the remainder of the season forward is almost assuredly only going to be a rest-of-season caretaker.

And the very interesting thing, if the Ole Gunnar rumors are true, is that he isn't likely to be sacked by Molde as their season is over. It could be an easy out for United to hire a big name with big quality because he's got a job to roll back into.

3 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

It's gonna be Pochettino or Zidane taking over in the summer at United, I'm nearly sure of it. I suspect Poch will be the first choice and he'll essentially get his choice between Madrid and United. 

I really wonder how much of a role of them not spending last summer will play with retaining him.

On Thu Dec 20 2018 at 1:00 AM, BaltimoreTerp said:

It's gonna be Pochettino or Zidane taking over in the summer at United, I'm nearly sure of it. I suspect Poch will be the first choice and he'll essentially get his choice between Madrid and United. 

Or staying at Spurs.... Impossible to predict how things will play out in the summer at this point.

6 hours ago, drd23 said:

Presumably in readiness for Hazard leaving in the summer

I think this is more a replacement for the aging RWs Willian and Pedro. However, any time a transfer involves Real Madrid, you never know what's going to happen.

Definitely an overpay, but I think he could also really flourish under Sarri, he's a similar player to Insigne in some ways. 

Will suck to see him in the Chelsea blue but it was always inevitable he was coming over at some point and in that price range, Arsenal was never going to be involved. 

28 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Definitely an overpay, but I think he could also really flourish under Sarri, he's a similar player to Insigne in some ways. 

Will suck to see him in the Chelsea blue but it was always inevitable he was coming over at some point and in that price range, Arsenal was never going to be involved. 

Yeah, it will be much better for Pulisic in Sarri's system that it has been in Favre or the disaster that was the 17/18 Dortmund season. Pulisic under Tuchel was quite dangerous.

I think that's a good transfer for Dortmund. We get him back until the summer, so essentially we sell him for that price, while he has 1 year left on his contract. He wouldn't have signed a new one anyways. That was pretty obvious for quite some time. So i'm very pleased to get this amount of money for him. He seems to be a good person so i hope this step will turn out great for him and he can take a step forward in his development. He's pretty much stagnating for 1 1/2 years now. Obviously last season was a mess for the entire team, so you can't fault him for not making any progress. It's just sad to see that he couldn't develope under Favre who is known to develope young players. In the end he never had the consistency to be an absolutely essential starting player for us. You can see his talent, but he never had that breakout year like the ones of Dembele 2 years ago or Sancho this year. That's why i would still consider him a talent and i think you can't complain if you get 64 million € for a talent.

I do hope he can take the next step and i wish him my best luck. If he doesn't work out for them, at least not every million would be thrown out of the window, since he should still help them to get some bucks back from the US market. If he turns out to be a starting player for years to come in Chelsea he could be their cash cow for the US market.

Edited by Edge

9 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

What a game. Have a feeling if City do win the title we'll end up seeing that goal-line graphic a whole lot in the future ala 'The Slip.'

There's only one Invincibles. :P

Liverpool at Manchester City was a classic. Going to be head to head into May. Liverpool only has 3 matches vs top six, two at home.

Red looks good.

• 1 month later...