EPL Thread

SalvadorsDeli

6 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

“Real” Stone Island jackets aren’t sold in the store, they’re sold by shady people for significant discounts.

NB, they may not have been legitimately acquired by the seller.

Found "Rock Isle". I figure they're synonymous so I'm good.

On 15/09/2019 at 9:53 PM, kempus said:

There's a very good argument for this to be honest. Kane has declined badly. 

Kane is all about fitness and form.

He gets fit, gets into unstoppable form, then picks up an injury.

When he is in form, I think there is no one in world football who can offer what he does.

As a West Ham fan, I am happy when he is out of form.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

So, prior to the year starting I've decided to jump into Premier League and have become a Hotspur supporter. What's the next step to becoming a hooligan? I'm ready for this lifestyle.

Yuk.

The world does not need more Tottenham fans.

I'm ok with the hoolie bit though. The key to it is to fight only when you heavily outnumber the opposition

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mega Ron said:

Kane is all about fitness and form.

He gets fit, gets into unstoppable form, then picks up an injury.

When he is in form, I think there is no one in world football who can offer what he does.

As a West Ham fan, I am happy when he is out of form.

Unfortunately, he hasn't found fitness or form for the better part of a year. There comes a point when it's not a blip, but his true level. He is a shadow of what he was prior to the 2018/19 season.

8 hours ago, kempus said:

Unfortunately, he hasn't found fitness or form for the better part of a year. There comes a point when it's not a blip, but his true level. He is a shadow of what he was prior to the 2018/19 season.

My fault, I picked him up in Fantasy.

So, August is over, maybe NOW he can go off?

1 hour ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Too late, I bought apparel.

Update: I'm also now a Top Fan for their Facebook page.

This is the part of the movie where we part, and the next time we see each other, we are on different sides of the battlefield, leaving everything behind as we have grown too much apart. Goodbye, my not-so-old friend.

I will admit this though, Son is a hell of player. He'll be in my fantasy after this gameweek, my team has grown enough in value so I have enough leftover money to get him.

3 minutes ago, TheChancellor said:

I will admit this though, Son is a hell of player. He'll be in my fantasy after this gameweek, my team has grown enough in value so I have enough leftover money to get him.

I'll say he's my favorite player and I'm new to this. Love him though.

I hope I wake up to news that Poch has been sacked or left by mutual consent. He has lost it. Lost the players, tactics and seemingly the passion for the 'project'. He is tactically naive  and hasn't improved in that aspect in 6 years. He is not a winner and unfortunately, I think he's taken this team as far as he can. No away Premier League win since January and a paltry 21 or so points in the past 17 games. Literally relegation form. This is far more than a blip, Its time for everyone to move on. I also hope to never see Eriksen play another game for Spurs. 100% should have let him leave in the summer, he has been diabolical. 

On 21/09/2019 at 2:59 PM, kempus said:

I hope I wake up to news that Poch has been sacked or left by mutual consent. He has lost it. Lost the players, tactics and seemingly the passion for the 'project'. He is tactically naive  and hasn't improved in that aspect in 6 years. He is not a winner and unfortunately, I think he's taken this team as far as he can. No away Premier League win since January and a paltry 21 or so points in the past 17 games. Literally relegation form. This is far more than a blip, Its time for everyone to move on. I also hope to never see Eriksen play another game for Spurs. 100% should have let him leave in the summer, he has been diabolical. 

Those standards you've come to expect though have been built by Poch, I'd say. He's not tactically naive, but I agree he's probably run his course at Spurs. I think he's tactically very good. Are you sure you want Poch gone? He's the manager that has overseen some of the best times at Spurs (CL final, 2nd place for examples). Who comes in?

22 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Those standards you've come to expect though have been built by Poch, I'd say. He's not tactically naive, but I agree he's probably run his course at Spurs. I think he's tactically very good. Are you sure you want Poch gone? He's the manager that has overseen some of the best times at Spurs (CL final, 2nd place for examples). Who comes in?

Partially, yes. However, we were a perennial top 4 challenger before he came here, we have just achieved it consistently whilst he has been in charge. Still, it's translated to zero tangible success. I have to strongly disagree about the tactical part. He is constantly setting the team up incorrectly or simply being out coached. The number of times he has come out and said something along the lines of 'I got the set up wrong to start the game', is hilariously weak. Rarely do we win a game tactically. We win because we have better players who produce moments of magic. I 100% believe that it's time for both he and the club to move on. The champions league run was magical, but it papered over so many problems last season. Every one of those problems are still there to start the season, he has done nothing to try and alleviate them. His attitude has become toxic with the media and players, who are likely not listening to him anymore. In terms of who would come in, I'm really not sure the direction that Levy would want to take. I would personally prefer someone who has a track record of winning trophies, who can drag us over the damn line to win something. 

On 9/21/2019 at 6:59 AM, kempus said:

We'll happily donate Emery to you.

On 9/22/2019 at 7:53 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

Who comes in?

This is where I'm at with most Arsenal supporters (I'm not even going to acknowledge Arsenal twitter, that lot is so fickle and just want to moan, it's disgusting - but then I also consider how many of them appear to be from countries where the only Arsenal they've ever know was from about 2002 forward).  I'm certainly in the boat that Emery is not the man to take the club forward, but - and while I realize with a lot of clubs there's more an issue with holding onto a manager too long versus cutting bait sooner - I don't believe I see a viable filler for the hole right now.  Haven't seen enough from Ljungberg to anoint him ready as anything more than maybe a caretaker.  I feel like if/when Raul and the board determine not to pick up Emery's option for next season and move on, they'll likely move straight on to who was the other name bandied about prior to Emery's hiring, Arteta, which has a whole lot of question marks.  I like Hassenhuttl, but he's not exactly covered himself in glory and made a phenomenal case for himself since moving to Southampton.  I want no (none, zilch, it makes me physically ill that there are Arsenal supporters even suggesting this) part of Mourinho.

This is probably me still being too hung up on this, but I want someone from the Bielsa tree, even though I feel like the PL has adapted a little to how to handle that general approach, unless a side has just incredible depth to flat out overwhelm opposition.

Nagelsmann is only 2 months into a contract at Leipzig, so I doubt he's going anywhere - plus there's a bit of the same Arteta type stuff there where I'm really not sure how responsive a dressing room is going to be to a coach who is younger than some of the players (beyond that, barring us earning CL qualification this season, he's not leaving Red Bull and CL football for Arsenal and Europa League).  Strongly doubt either ten Hag or Simeone leave their current gigs anytime soon.  And I know that the name that's going to get bandied about by our fans is Allegri, but can anyone honestly look at the Arsenal team sheet and tell me that Allegri's quicksand ball matches up well with the talents that are worth building around?  Because I don't see it.