EPL Thread

SalvadorsDeli

13 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

He's not a striker. He was always most dangerous bringing pace and dribbling from wide.

Yep, one of the worst Pogba performances I've seen, and they're stacking up now aren't they. 

Is it true this is the worst run MU have been in since the PL started? In terms of actual games won over the span of however many games? The win column must be a bit bare going back months now. 

I'm not convinced of Ole at all. He's unproven, and has won the league which, according to jonathon wilson, is equivalent to about League 1. Look no further than across the dugout for the type of coach united should be going after. An up-and-coming tactician. Poch was one of them. There's a few out there, Ralph for example. Ole as united manager is strange, to me.

But Rashford has made it very well known to the club he sees himself as a striker. Again, his 'team' have made the press well aware of this as well. The problem is, like most people associated with Manchester United since Fergie left, he's all talk and no action. He did score goals through the middle when Ole first took over, but so many of them were counter attacking goals away from home.

As a striker, you HAVE to score goals close to the goal. Why? Because it is easier to score a goal from 6 yards than it is from 20. Van Persie, Van Nistelrooy, Rooney would've scored a hat trick on Saturday with the crosses being put in late in the game. Not to mention he was so weak in possession as well. Very poor display from Rashford.

I can't stand Pogba as a player, but the United twitter mob will have you believe that opinion is racist. 

59% pass accuracy
20 times dispossessed 
3 shots off target

Some great stats there from his performance on Saturday ...

Yes, it's United's worst every PL start to a season. I am really not that surprised by the away draws but the home defeat to Palace is a killer. It would be bad enough at this stage of this season if we were having to scrape a win in that game, but to lose in terrible fashion is an absolute killer for us.

Personally, I don't blame the manager at all. He's inherited a squad bereft of talent but even worse, full of egos with contracts that make your eyes bleed. He's already gotten rid of a ton of players who aren't good enough and our 3 best players have been players he's brought in.

I like the football he's trying to play. It's not his fault that the players can't execute the simplest of things, from 5 yard passes to scoring penalties. He needs time, as would anyone with this shambles of a team.

59 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

But Rashford has made it very well known to the club he sees himself as a striker. Again, his 'team' have made the press well aware of this as well. The problem is, like most people associated with Manchester United since Fergie left, he's all talk and no action. He did score goals through the middle when Ole first took over, but so many of them were counter attacking goals away from home.

Yep, all true. The issue I'd have is...would you expect a player to tell a coach like Guardiola or Klopp what he is, and demand to be played like that? I'd imagine Aguero wasn't too keen on Pep's idea of what he was as a striker, and he ended up being benched early - but he adapted and now looks at his best. Players should WANT to listen to their coach, rather than the other way round. Fernandinho playing CB is another example, Zinchenko playing LB.

As a striker, you HAVE to score goals close to the goal. Why? Because it is easier to score a goal from 6 yards than it is from 20. Van Persie, Van Nistelrooy, Rooney would've scored a hat trick on Saturday with the crosses being put in late in the game. Not to mention he was so weak in possession as well. Very poor display from Rashford.

I can't stand Pogba as a player, but the United twitter mob will have you believe that opinion is racist. 

59% pass accuracy
20 times dispossessed 
3 shots off target

Some great stats there from his performance on Saturday ...

Oh yep. With you completely here. He's a 6 out of 10 player. Nothing more. Hype. He's probably awkward to play against, and undoubtedly strong and athletic, but that's not even close to being enough for an elite midfielder. Look at Silva, Busquets, Eriksen, De Jong, Iniesta, Xavi etc etc. Brains.

Yes, it's United's worst every PL start to a season. I am really not that surprised by the away draws but the home defeat to Palace is a killer. It would be bad enough at this stage of this season if we were having to scrape a win in that game, but to lose in terrible fashion is an absolute killer for us.

Personally, I don't blame the manager at all. He's inherited a squad bereft of talent but even worse, full of egos with contracts that make your eyes bleed. He's already gotten rid of a ton of players who aren't good enough and our 3 best players have been players he's brought in.

I like the football he's trying to play. It's not his fault that the players can't execute the simplest of things, from 5 yard passes to scoring penalties. He needs time, as would anyone with this shambles of a team.

Fair

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, TheChancellor said:

I can't believe that I'm actively watching Arsenal struggle to look like a professional team week in, week out. 

People are only now start to realize just how bad of an appointment Emery has been. 

I've been watching on and off for years now. Finally trying to dive deep in to being a Gunners fan. Haven't been happy with the results either. 

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I've been watching on and off for years now. Finally trying to dive deep in to being a Gunners fan. Haven't been happy with the results either. 

Well, take it from somebody who has been an Arsenal fan most of his life - I haven't been happy with the results most of my life haha. Currently we are almost always playing down to the opposition level, and what is the most frustrating thing, instead of having our own style of play, the coach changes formations and players so often that there is absolutely no consistency (apart from Pierre and Alex, but we don't deserve them, man). 

It's been a rough few years, seeing a team whose players seem to have a really fragile mentality.

I haven't been watching football for long, but just watching the Seahawks mostly stubbornly run the ball and call to Russ in only the times of biggest need is relaxing compared to being a Gunner for life. 

I'm happy though that our infrastructure seems to be improving - Raul Sanllehi is a madman, Edu is a good hire too, and that gives me confidence that we will be more ruthless in our approach, both off the field and on it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Good thing that fits right into my budget instead of housing!

“Real” Stone Island jackets aren’t sold in the store, they’re sold by shady people for significant discounts.

NB, they may not have been legitimately acquired by the seller.