EPL Thread

SalvadorsDeli

1 hour ago, Oregon Ducks said:

There’s a pretty good series on them on Amazon 

Thanks, I’ll check it out. From the film and what I’m seeing on Reddit they used to be the big bads with fans everyone loathed. It’s pretty exciting that they’re back just based off that. 

On 17/07/2020 at 7:58 PM, EvilenFroggen said:

So Leeds are back!  I get the feeling this is exciting, but I’ve only been watching since 2010. All I know about them is from the Brian Clough movie. Fill me in. 

They're a dirty team with scummy fans.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Blahstoise said:

Corrupt EPL is corrupt - if Man Utd were getting taken over by the Saudi's it goes straight through

Isn't there another buyer lined up? I could have sworn they haven't backed out yet.

Really crappy for the EPL to drag it's feet so long though. No idea if the report that Ashley tried to renegotiate is true, but to take this long is unexcusable.

45 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Isn't there another buyer lined up? I could have sworn they haven't backed out yet.

Really crappy for the EPL to drag it's feet so long though. No idea if the report that Ashley tried to renegotiate is true, but to take this long is unexcusable.

There is, apparently, but the Saudi's were going to invest £250m year one and build up the academy, infrastructure and support the city.

EPL has taken 17 weeks to not come to a decision despite repeatedly saying it would come shortly. Have to think if it was a top 6 club it gets waved through.

On 7/31/2020 at 12:17 PM, Blahstoise said:

There is, apparently, but the Saudi's were going to invest £250m year one and build up the academy, infrastructure and support the city.

EPL has taken 17 weeks to not come to a decision despite repeatedly saying it would come shortly. Have to think if it was a top 6 club it gets waved through.

Lol embarrassing stuff right here.

I suppose people falling hook, line, and sinker for their BS proves why they were right to try and buy an EPL club and do this sort of reputation laundering in the first place. Such a shame MBS and co. turned out to be too thick to even do the bare minimum to get it through, what a tragedy. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli

12 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Lol embarrassing stuff right here.

I suppose people falling hook, line, and sinker for their BS proves why they were right to try and buy an EPL club and do this sort of reputation laundering in the first place. Such a shame MBS and co. turned out to be too thick to even do the bare minimum to get it through, what a tragedy. 

Speaking strictly from a takeover point of view, the EPL has handed it embarrassingly, it's as simple as that and it would have been waved through if it was a top, top club.

Now if you want to get into political morals and their human rights record then I'm on your side and completely understand the 'sportswashing' they are trying to accomplish.

22 minutes ago, Blahstoise said:

Speaking strictly from a takeover point of view, the EPL has handed it embarrassingly, it's as simple as that and it would have been waved through if it was a top, top club.

Now if you want to get into political morals and their human rights record then I'm on your side and completely understand the 'sportswashing' they are trying to accomplish.

Granted you've followed this closer than me but IMO the EPL did just want to wave it through and made basically a token appeal out of the BeIn/TV rights issue for the sake of optics, expecting the Saudis to come to the table on that. But MBS being the detestable egomaniac he is wasn't willing to even make a mostly symbolic gesture, it's all about exerting complete control. Really looks to me more like the Saudis got in their own ways on this, and I struggle to shed a tear over the spoiled brats of the global stage throwing a fit because they didn't get everything they wanted. 

Anyways, the real reason I came back in here was just to laugh at the fact that the worst Arsenal team in decades just won another trophy. Love Mikel and Auba so much. By far the greatest team the world has ever seen. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli

17 hours ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Granted you've followed this closer than me but IMO the EPL did just want to wave it through and made basically a token appeal out of the BeIn/TV rights issue for the sake of optics, expecting the Saudis to come to the table on that. But MBS being the detestable egomaniac he is wasn't willing to even make a mostly symbolic gesture, it's all about exerting complete control. Really looks to me more like the Saudis got in their own ways on this, and I struggle to shed a tear over the spoiled brats of the global stage throwing a fit because they didn't get everything they wanted. 

Anyways, the real reason I came back in here was just to laugh at the fact that the worst Arsenal team in decades just won another trophy. Love Mikel and Auba so much. By far the greatest team the world has ever seen. 

For me it's clear the EPL were waiting for a reason to call it off, and they've got their wish. They didn't want to make a decision and upset the current top six/bring the wrath of human rights campaigners and the like. Had it been a top six side it would have been easier to say yes as there is a bigger global appeal and it would bring so much more revenue for the EPL.