EPL Thread

SalvadorsDeli

11 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Pep doesn't get nearly enough critisicm for the same problems every year while having the most resources in the league. A soft defense has been a consistent with Pep and often times they'll pass the ball around without having the end product. His reputation as being a cheque book manager is well deserved. The guy has spent something like 400M pounds on defenders. 400M pounds! Also, maybe I'm being a little too critical, but bloody hell that team lacks any leaders. Post Kompany they don't have anyone who can get everyone on the same page after they concede.

Props to the foxes today. If Rodgers has developed as a manager, they have a chance at fighting for a top 4 spot. Vardy is class as always.

It's incredible. Incredible.

When LFC got in VVD and Allison, that's when they became unstoppable. Before that, they could always score goals, but they weren't winning anything. Ergo.....once the defense was shored up, then they began to win.

Buy good CBs, Pep, you baldy c!

6 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

When LFC got in VVD and Allison, that's when they became unstoppable. Before that, they could always score goals, but they weren't winning anything. Ergo.....once the defense was shored up, then they began to win.

Anyone know anything about the dude from Benfica they just spent €€€ for?

24 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Read something last week that said Man City had to make up 30 million or so the keep the Fair Play happy. Then lose a match and spend 68 million on a player with the market value of 38.5 mil.

7 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I mean it’s not just talented players. Peps system causes a lot of their worries. His high line is suicidal and it only works if the midfield is doing their job. If their midfield is lacking in any way or under performing talented teams can just rip them apart. 

I also don’t know if Dias is the solution to their issues. He’s got potential and is a leader in the back they’ve needed however he is young and not fully developed yet. 

3 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

I mean it’s not just talented players. Peps system causes a lot of their worries. His high line is suicidal and it only works if the midfield is doing their job. If their midfield is lacking in any way or under performing talented teams can just rip them apart. 

I also don’t know if Dias is the solution to their issues. He’s got potential and is a leader in the back they’ve needed however he is young and not fully developed yet. 

And no telling how he will stack up against Premier players. He likely wont be any better than Otamendi. Who they just let go in trade to get him. That 68 million they paid for him is more than all but 4 teams in NOS market value of their entire rosters. With him being on the PSG/Ajax team, dominating all the lesser.

Edited by PARROTHEAD

15 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

And no telling how he will stack up against Premier players. He likely wont be any better than Otamendi. Who they just let go in trade to get him. That 68 million they paid for him is more than all but 4 teams in NOS market value of their entire rosters. With him being on the PSG/Ajax team, dominating all the lesser.

Agreed. Under Klopp, most new signings for us take half a season to a full season to fully embed into the team. There have been exclusions to this such as VVD and Alisson, however I know we don't rush them.

Liverpool played a nice tidy game against Arsenal too. I thought Jota had a nice debut off the bench, given us something much needed for a while. Robbo had a mistake but made up for it. Keita is finally putting together a string of games and not being held back by injury, so I'm hoping we see him play up to his potential. Feeling good about this season.

On 9/28/2020 at 4:00 PM, Oregon Ducks said:

Another 'meh' signing for a CB. Similar number of blocks, clearances, tackles etc. It's difficult to assess defenders in soccer using stats, because you don't know if they're constantly under attack or what system they have etc. Needs to prove himself. But I'm underwhelmed, again.

On 9/28/2020 at 8:14 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

Yeah exactly

Man City vs. Leeds was a great game. Man City’s defense had some issues but they’ve looked better than anyone else has against Leeds. They threw Días out there. Their offense isn’t as potent without Jesus and Agüero out even if their  other attacking players are great.

I didn’t like how how the game was officiated but at leas he was equally bad for both teams.

Edited by Oregon Ducks

5 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Man City vs. Leeds was a great game. Man City’s defense had some issues but they’ve looked better than anyone else has against Leeds. They threw Días out there. Their offense isn’t as potent without Jesus and Agüero out Even if they’re other attacking players are great.

I didn’t like how how the game was officiated but at leas he was equally bad for both teams.

I don't think enough credit is given to Leeds. Both their games against us and City have been must watches. We beat them narrowly and they drew City. Honestly I'd be a little worried if I was Arsenal and Spurs. Bielsa has done really well with that squad.