EPL Thread

SalvadorsDeli

8 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

I don't think enough credit is given to Leeds. Both their games against us and City have been must watches. We beat them narrowly and they drew City. Honestly I'd be a little worried if I was Arsenal and Spurs. Bielsa has done really well with that squad.

I always thought his Leeds side would be better suited to the PL than the Championship. In the PL, teams want to play you. In the Championship, he was met with plenty of what we call sh-housery. Teams just put 11 men behind the ball, kicked the players, pounced on the counter-attack etc. 

Bielsa's teams play exquisite football (not too dissimilar from Pep I guess). Leeds probably finish in top half, I'll say. Which is extraordinary for a newly promoted side. 

Surprised by Bamford so far, he couldn't finish his dinner in most games in the Champs.

Hahaha 4 goals before HT?! Man Utd, never change. 

Seriously, some people think Ole was the answer? Why haven't they addressed that terrible defence either? 

And of course their one goal is a f penalty. Of course it is. This season is a joke for penalties.

Edited by Hunter2_1

1 hour ago, Oregon Ducks said:

We were **** today. All the way down from the manager to the players. If we can’t break down a bunker, we’re not gonna be in the top 4.

Couldnt believe that score. Yall and Everton have had the hottest shooting hands in the league. Then shut off like a light switch for this week.

Liverpool's performance in that game gave me corona. Bloody hell that was pathetic. I know we were missing Alisson (Adrian blows), but there are a few warning signs that have lasted since the restart. Gomez hasn't been able to get back form. Gini neither. Firmino sucked today. TAA got lazy. Klopp has to be fuming. We play like that in two weeks Everton are gonna smash us.

17 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

We were **** today. All the way down from the manager to the players. If we can’t break down a bunker, we’re not gonna be in the top 4.

You miss Ndidi. Squad is a bit small too. Probably need a few more reinforcements, both ends of the pitch

10 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

You miss Ndidi. Squad is a bit small too. Probably need a few more reinforcements, both ends of the pitch

Any team would miss Ndidi but I think Mendy has done very well in his place. I agree that we need more players, though. It looks like we won’t be getting any but I think we need a RW in the worst way. Our choices are Ayoze Perez (yuck) and Under who looked energetic but ultimately did not accomplish much yesterday. There are rumors that Periera will play there when he comes back from injury but he was one of the best fullbacks in the premier league last year so I wouldnt want that.  I also think we need another attack minded CM, especially if Maddison is out again. 

At defense, I feel okay since Amartey has looked good (but he might be injured) and we just splurged on Wesley Fofona who better be ready for the big time.

We should go out and get Buendía from Norwich.

Edited by Oregon Ducks