EPL Thread

SalvadorsDeli

On 10/25/2020 at 4:00 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

Is this Everton getting knocked back down to earth after their hot streak? Or is this the result of all the injuries?

Their entire left half of the field passing has been bad when pushing the ball forward.

Early part of all seasons are often strange. For example there is no way Aston Villa are a top 3 team, not even a top half team. They will begin to lose, and lose often.

With Everton, they've been playing well, but above their station (as Ron said). James and DCL have been awesome, but they're going to start losing games now. I expect 6th finish, possibly 5th if Arsenal/MU/CFC really sh the bed.

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

2nd half of WBA yesterday was as good as a team could play without scoring but a goal. Should have been a 3-1 matchup.

Spurs... 9 shots. Able to get off 1 shot per 10 mins against Burnley. Yet controlled the ball 70% of the time. Was expecting a strong outing.

It’s Mourinho.

Yeah spurs had a game not so long ago where they had 0. That is ZERO attempts. 

He used to be effective, but now he's mostly just brutal.

I strongly believe the individual brilliance of Kane and HMS, as well as all-round poor defense, is how they've scored most of their goals.

I'm positive EPL teams are going to get brutalised in Europe this year.

10 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

I would hate that tbh. But hey, Leicester might win the EPL again...

I see the outrage over it. But while I agree with the outrage and dont want it to end up like the American sports models. It will be a good league where its much harder to just buy wins.

This is the best.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12094/12116984/clapton-fc-vs-walthamstow-fc-called-off-due-to-lack-of-pitch-markings

According to a Walthamstow club statement, they were initially met by a "hostile" and "aggressive" response to questions over the lack of pitch markings.

Eventually a man with a bag of white spray cans arrived at 7pm only for the individual to spray one line and promptly disappear.

The referee then queried where he had gone and was told by a Clapton official that he had gone to B&Q to buy more paint.