EPL Thread

SalvadorsDeli

4 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

I like Firmino's game but dude's production is almost non-existant? 

Goals and assists have gone down, yeah, but LFC fans still maintain that he's vital for them. Linking the 'fab 3', work rate in the first line of defence etc. He's definitely down on his previous form though, no matter what they say.

14 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

I like Firmino's game but dude's production is almost non-existant? 

As Hunter said, Firmino's game is more than goals and assists. Against complex defending teams, Firmino's movement and abilit to drop into the midfield and be an outlet really helps open up space for Mane and Salah.

Now with Jota's ability to press like an animal, if he can pick up some of the help Firmino does against better teams and continues to produce, then I'm sure Klopp will look for Jota to get Frimino's minutes.

• Like 1

United are a weird team. In Europe they look downright terrific, but they currently sit 15th after 6 weeks in the prem. I still think Ole is fool's gold. I think he's being buoyed by individual brilliance.

Props to Arsenal. I thought Elneny and Partey were a great duo that did their job in the middle of the park. They bossed the United midfield. Gabriel also has been a vast improvement at CB that they've needed. They look good so far.

Also props to Newcastle. Callum Wilson with 6 goals already. Very good signing for them so far.

It seems like United have a bad set of results and it’s Ole out then he gets a big win and then you think they’re turning a corner but then it’s back to square one. He and Lampard are two peas in a pod, neither deserve to be in the position they’re in and will get bailed out by the quality they have in their squad. 

Pogba and Bruno can’t play with each other, especially under Ole who has no real plan and style of play. Both players are not disciplined enough to Play without a system In place. United made that game unwatchable at times. How we scraped a draw against this team Last week Baffles me.

• Like 1

I think people are way too critical of Man City right now. Dias has solidified their weak point the past few seasons - their defense. They don't look as dangerous attacking but that's never been an issue, and they're starting Ferran Torres at nine. They'll be fine when Jesus and Aguero come back. Maybe I"m just a Pep apologist.