EPL Thread

SalvadorsDeli

13 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Fulham definitely a work in progress. Played some really lovely football but their finishing has been god-awful as has their composure/clearing from the back.

Also don't know why Fabri is playing over Rico. 

Definitely not going to be the walk in the park most people seemed to expect. I thought we were woeful in the first half and really sloppy in possession which is uncharacteristic. We're missing two of our CBs, Ream and Mawson and hopefully that improves us defensively. I thought Bryan at LB was good although he had no help with Trippier. Chambers was awful in my opinion, he had give aways that led to loads of chances.

I thought Seri was really poor today. Looked sloppy in possession and just seemed a little off the pace. Cairney was far and away the driving force.

I think as the squad continues to gel we'll get better but right now it's not great. We could really use a match like West Ham or Newcastle to try and get something going. 

3 minutes ago, kempus said:

Good game, but Fulham were outclassed. They will struggle this year, imo.

Certainly didn't deserve anything from the match and we could not figure out how to deal with the wingbacks all match. 

I think, and hope, we'll get better as the year goes on. We've got a lot of new pieces that need to come together. We're also missing our, presumably, first choice CB pairing which I thought was evident. I thought Chambers was very poor. 

Definitely some growing pains and it's been a rough two weeks in the Premier League and both losses were completely different.

44 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Mental first half. Should have scored 6 and should have conceded 6. This is how it's gonna be with a Sokratis/Mustafi centerback pairing I think. 

Need Auba to step it up. 

Has Ozil gone completely in the crapper since they started playing him on the wing? Need him in the middle and let Lacazette, Auba, and Mickey to be the front 3.

8 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

Certainly didn't deserve anything from the match and we could not figure out how to deal with the wingbacks all match. 

I think, and hope, we'll get better as the year goes on. We've got a lot of new pieces that need to come together. We're also missing our, presumably, first choice CB pairing which I thought was evident. I thought Chambers was very poor. 

Definitely some growing pains and it's been a rough two weeks in the Premier League and both losses were completely different.

Yeah, takes a while for everyone to get used to playing together. You certainly wont be playing teams as good as Spurs, on a massive pitch like Wembley, every week either.

Trippier and Davies had so much room on the wings. Both were criminally wasteful. Kane and Moura should have both had at least one more goal each, imo.

11 hours ago, kempus said:

Yeah, takes a while for everyone to get used to playing together. You certainly wont be playing teams as good as Spurs, on a massive pitch like Wembley, every week either.

Trippier and Davies had so much room on the wings. Both were criminally wasteful. Kane and Moura should have both had at least one more goal each, imo.

Yup we had no answer for those two, our fullbacks weren't getting any help from the wingers and were often either left 2 on 1 or would have to move out wide and create a huge gap in the line. Poch deserves a ton of credit as well, his substitution to bring on Dembele and revert back to back four changed the game. We were getting a grip in midfield and that changed it and restored your dominance.