EPL Thread

SalvadorsDeli

Arsenal should have won.  Just dont see the Toons front line as really any better than the avg middle tier squad. Knew theyd have trouble even getting in position to hit the back of the net. But that Newcastle D really held up. 

Been kinda out of the loop since the WC started. Can someone fill me in on whats happened with West Ham and Southampton? With Everton its been clear for a while. Southampton I can see happening. For WHU though, I am shocked theyre not challenging for that Europa slot.

3 PTS BABY!

From 19th to 15th.

This battle at bottom of the table is the most stacked in history. Everton, Wolves, Southampton. WHU knocking on the door, tied at 15pts with Everton. Leicester/Leeds 2 pts safe is all. This gonna be fun.

Southampton has run 18 different systems in the few games since hiring this new coach. Today he ran a 3-1-4-2. 8 shots, 0 on target is all they mustered against what could be the worst D in the Prem.

On 1/5/2023 at 11:44 AM, persiandud said:

i can't believe Arteta has turned around Arsenal like this...well done. looks like they're going to win the league

Dont even need to look it up. Feb 15th is the showdown.

ATM I say Ars is going to take that match and League. But if a pt lead remains after a loss in that MC match. I say MC reels them in.

City reels us in. I think we drop points in the next 2 games and then they’re right on top of us. I’m still a little nervous for CL even though it would take a crazy collapse. This is obviously our best chance to win a title in who knows how long (best since 2016 obviously). It would be an amazing turn around from wanting Arteta out to winning the league. Either way he’s done an amazing job turning us from an average squad playing boring football to a first place squad playing the “Arsenal” way in basically a year.

On 1/5/2023 at 10:44 AM, persiandud said:

i can't believe Arteta has turned around Arsenal like this...well done. looks like they're going to win the league

If it was any other club ahead of us I’d say it’s ours to lose. But with City it just feels like they’re going to turn it on at some point. 5 points really is nothing.

On 1/9/2023 at 9:44 AM, PARROTHEAD said:

Do you think Arsenal will need to sell to remain Champions League competitive going into the future?

Talking years down the road. Not the next couple.

No I don’t think so. They’ve spent plenty for quite a few years now. They had just spent it badly, on bad players and gave aging players huge extensions that they shouldn’t. 

Forest with 10pts last 5.  Starting to look like they know what theyre doing, in a Bad News Bears kinda way.

Everton is in shambles. Couldnt stop checking in on that disaster.

I would have some pity for WHU. But a WHU vs Millwall matchup is probably the thing I want most in all sports. Especially after WHU had the 3rd highest transfer spending last Summer.