EPL Thread

SalvadorsDeli

I suppose Arsenal is in a title race now. I’ll really start to believe if we can get a result against MU and one out of 2 against City. I’m still eyeing the CL spaces and we are now 13 clear with a game in hand. It would take a colossal collapse to miss out on it now (or 2 major injuries).

3 hours ago, packerstk7 said:

Over on an Arsenal specific forum a small but strong minority wanted him replaced before the season. The guy is 23 (maybe 24 now) and looking like one of the best AM in the league.

He’s been Arsenals best player this season and it’s not even close tbh. He’s made huge strides. 

With 8 point lead in the standings. It’s time to start taking this team seriously as real title contenders if you haven’t thought that already. 

you guys are just now saying they're title contenders? 8 pts, i think it's a wrap. Arsenal will win the league

City don't have it this season. they used to be able to go like a dozen, 15 games unbeaten go on crazy streaks like that every season to distance themselves. this team isn't doing that 

16 hours ago, persiandud said:

you guys are just now saying they're title contenders? 8 pts, i think it's a wrap. Arsenal will win the league

City don't have it this season. they used to be able to go like a dozen, 15 games unbeaten go on crazy streaks like that every season to distance themselves. this team isn't doing that 

Man U is on fire. They've been more on the side of a train wreck the last while...but it's all coming together these last few months. If anything, they look more scary at the moment, especially after their City win. I trust City to keep up better form for the second half of the season, but Man U look like they're ready to challenge for the title this year and next also. 

10 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Man U is on fire. They've been more on the side of a train wreck the last while...but it's all coming together these last few months. If anything, they look more scary at the moment, especially after their City win. I trust City to keep up better form for the second half of the season, but Man U look like they're ready to challenge for the title this year and next also. 

They lost Casemiro to Yellows for the Arsenal match. Fire or not, thats going to hurt this weekend.

Newcastle seems to struggle to score goals. Seems like if that Almiron cat doesnt score they dont have anyone else who can. Could get completely off here just an observation. Having a decent finisher would help too, theyve had a ton of chances today just no one who can finish the play, might just be soccer, just something ive observed.

4 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Newcastle seems to struggle to score goals. Seems like if that Almiron cat doesnt score they dont have anyone else who can. Could get completely off here just an observation. Having a decent finisher would help too, theyve had a ton of chances today just no one who can finish the play, might just be soccer, just something ive observed.

12 clean sheets, 11 goals allowed. Joelinton might not have it all offensively, which could be due to a major lack of talent on the front line much of the season with Isak out. But defensively he seems a major role in making that group dominant.

Newcastle struggles to score. But Isak should start meshing, hes been out 3 months. Played 20 mins or something against Fulham last week. They do need front line help and depth though.

The striker had been sidelined for over three months due to a thigh injury but is now close to full-fitness for Newcastle. He is part of the squad who will travel down to face Crystal Palace on Saturday (5:30pm kick-off), but admitted he's still ‘not perfect’ in terms of his fitness.

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/alexander-isak-newcastle-united-fitness-call-made-ahead-of-premier-league-trip-to-crystal-palace-3995669

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PARROTHEAD said:

12 clean sheets, 11 goals allowed. Joelinton might not have it all offensively, which could be due to a major lack of talent on the front line much of the season with Isak out. But defensively he seems a major role in making that group dominant.

Newcastle struggles to score. But Isak should start meshing, hes been out 3 months. Played 20 mins or something against Fulham last week. They do need front line help and depth though.

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/alexander-isak-newcastle-united-fitness-call-made-ahead-of-premier-league-trip-to-crystal-palace-3995669

First time ive heard of Isak, if he any good? Just a scorer? Who would he replace in the lineup, if you know?

41 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

First time ive heard of Isak, if he any good? Just a scorer? Who would he replace in the lineup, if you know?

Signed last summer. Been out 3 months. If I had to compare to anything. Id say he was last summers Mudryk hype wise. See all the highlight vids, all the praise. I think hes every bit of whats expected out Mudryk. Where everything points to a tremendous player.

But thats one thing I will be watching. Like a QB Draft Class. Mudryk vs Isak. Both 23, both evaluated in that 50m range coming from other leagues to the Prem. I expect a lot from both and hope both live up to the billing.

Kinda figuring Isak returning and showing promise is the reason Newcastle havent dumped 100m on a striker for an end season push.

Edit: They dumped Chris Wood on Forest. Wilson will be backup from now on.

Edited by PARROTHEAD
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Arsenal must come away with 3 points against Man U. They got screwed the first game they played. Must win this one 

With a loss. MC down 2, MU down 5, Newcastle down 7. 

Manchester might suffer an earthquake with the sonic booms of those checkbooks whipping out.