EPL Thread

SalvadorsDeli

20 hours ago, The LBC said:

This will surprise absolutely no one.  Just as the fact that UEFA will do exactly squat about it will surprise absolutely no one.

Isn't there a leak recently that teams are more seriously considering the Super League. I'm sure clubs are using that as a threat against UEFA if they get punished. 

1 hour ago, dotmotion said:

Isn't there a leak recently that teams are more seriously considering the Super League. I'm sure clubs are using that as a threat against UEFA if they get punished. 

It's always been there.  Reality is, UEFA just has no interest in actually policing things as long as there's no real/substantial fan/market backlash... and there won't be, because as much as fans like to delude themselves into thinking they're that organized, they're not.

I remember the (good ole) days of mocking City fans for the fact all they did was concern themselves with United, given that they had no reason for optimism with their own team.

The joy I have taken with their club being dragged through the mud over the past 3 days re: their financial doping has brought me enough joy for me to have to look in the mirror, realising I have become what I once mocked.

There are too many City fans in my office to face a pasting on Sunday.

10 hours ago, Mega Ron said:

I live in the south of England so have never met a Man City fan.

There are still far too many Man United fans around though.

Yeh, that's what success will do. It's why Liverpool have also got fans all over the country, stemming from their 70's and 80's glory days.

Give it 20 years and, at this rate, there will be City fans all over the country.

Well Slavisa Jokanovic out and Claudio Raneri in. I'm sad to see Slav go and wish we would have given him a bit more time but we've been absolutely woeful so I can't blame the owner, especially after the investment in the summer. 

Raneri will certainly solve some of the defensive issues but it's a huge leap from the style of play that brought us so much success. I wonder how the likes of Cairney and Mitro will do. I'm slightly apprehensive but I can't help but think we're bound to improve results under him, frankly our squad is talented enough to be higher up the table and experienced manager can hopefully get the best out of the group. We really just need some consistency in team selection, far too often we changed the side, particularly in midfield and at the back, and Slav didn't seem to have the slightest of who is starting XI should be week in and week out. Maybe not too surprising given the number of changes over the summer. I miss the Championship.

• 2 weeks later...
On Sun Nov 25 2018 at 6:40 AM, kempus said:

Can we all agree that Morata is utterly trash in the EPL. One of the biggest transfer failings of all time. Lukaku has been almost as awful at United.

Morata really is terrible. Watching him play is painful and absolutely hilarious.