EPL Thread

SalvadorsDeli

1 hour ago, packerstk7 said:

Title race effectively over. Wouldn’t be surprised to finish below 2nd with how the last few games have gone. Not only the results but the underlying play. We aren’t creating good chances.

Cant complain about that squad heading into the future though. Need some depth in a couple areas. But so much youth.

1st half by the D was impressive. The 1 KDB shot in the 20 min range, and MC didnt get another shot off until the 47th minute. They just cant generate anything offensively. Everton showcased how to disrupt them.

https://www.reddit.com/r/footballtactics/comments/10w3xhf/sean_dyches_web_to_stop_arsenal/

43 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Cant complain about that squad heading into the future though. Need some depth in a couple areas. But so much youth.

1st half by the D was impressive. The 1 KDB shot in the 20 min range, and MC didnt get another shot off until the 47th minute. They just cant generate anything offensively. Everton showcased how to disrupt them.

https://www.reddit.com/r/footballtactics/comments/10w3xhf/sean_dyches_web_to_stop_arsenal/

The xG wasn’t as far off as the score line. We just really go in stretches of games that we can’t create big chances and that’s been our biggest downfall the last 2 seasons.

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

That Jorginho goal was ridiculous 

Those are 3 much needed points after the last 3 games. 

That diamond I showed you Everton used popped up I believe early in the 2nd half or late 1st. Saka cut around, dashed through the middle and gathered a pass coming out the other side.

Yall were down 1 at the time. And I was, "Ah, solved that, they probably got this then."

And oh yeah. We scored. Youre welcome. 🌳💪

49 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

What a disaster for Newcastle. If anyone saw the play can they explain to me why it was a red card of NUFC keeper? Sounds like they will be down to their 3rd keeper for a championship game next week?

What its like for Newcastle.

And heres what its like for opposing keepers facing Newcastle.

oql528vug1ja1.jpg

On 2/18/2023 at 8:36 AM, agarcia34 said:

That Jorginho goal was ridiculous 

Those are 3 much needed points after the last 3 games. 

I didn’t realize live that it bonked off his head and went in. Thought it hit his back or something. Great strike though. 

And I don’t understand how City can drop points to all these teams yet Arsenal can’t get a single point against them in 6 years.

4 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

@lomaxgrUK Whats it like over there for ManU surrounding the sale?

Just read the Glazers are having a "change of heart". Ratcliffe didnt bother joining one of the Glazers for the Cup match.

I listened to a podcast from a former Goldman Sachs exec who is a Utd season ticket holder; he said that rumour out there is Joel and Avram Glazer are at least gesturing they only want to sell a minority stake, whereas the other siblings want a full sale. 

However, who knows if its just their way of trying to up the sale price. 

It's just frustrating this saga is going to drag on when things on the pitch are finally going well.