EPL Thread

SalvadorsDeli

7 hours ago, Sad People said:

Great game and a huge win for NUFC. Obviously any team can win when you step onto the field but the next 3 matches for Newcastle look like they should be able to win them all going against teams in the fighting to not be regulated (i think).

Love how that team has been built over the past year. In relegation fight, getting players just good enough to survive like Woods. And evolving to guys like Isak filling the role. So smooth, never panic bought or break the bank to go after players like most teams in the hunt do. Very laid back process, especially now if you look at Chelsea.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2023 at 11:35 AM, agarcia34 said:

Great to see Jesus get those 2 goals. Gonna hit stride at the exact right time 

9 games left with the next in Anfield. Need at least a draw there 

When’s the last time we won at Anfield? Or got a draw?  I honestly don’t know. We should beat or draw them but could easily see them getting up for it and thumping us.

edit - 2016 last draw at Anfield. 2012 last win. In the league.

City might win out. 

Edited by packerstk7

11 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Love how that team has been built over the past year. In relegation fight, getting players just good enough to survive like Woods. And evolving to guys like Isak filling the role. So smooth, never panic bought or break the bank to go after players like most teams in the hunt do. Very laid back process, especially now if you look at Chelsea.

Im excited to see Isak and Gordon evolve. They both seem like they have room to grow into some pretty good players.

5 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

What a all time **** up by Zinchenko

8 matches. 6pt lead. MC has a game in hand (WHU reschedule) you could count as 1 or 3 right now.

This H2H is gonna be freakin incredible. Especially if MC puts away Bayern along the way.

3 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

8 matches. 6pt lead. MC has a game in hand (WHU reschedule) you could count as 1 or 3 right now.

This H2H is gonna be freakin incredible. Especially if MC puts away Bayern along the way.

City must be feeling pretty good right about now. They’ve beaten Arsenal how many times in a row in the league now? 11?

Haaland squeaked past first and managed to nab "Most Goals In First 25 UCL Appearances" with 33.

Original record was 19.

Killer match with Bayern. Bayern missed a couple gimmys I felt. Score could have easily been 3-2. Though City completely dominated the back quarter. Grealish is on fire. He was in a offensive play by the box, Bayern charged down the field and he somehow was the last line of defense. Playing better than Ive ever seen him last couple matches.

Exactly the outcome I wanted though. Blowing out Bayern before the H2H with Arsenal brings this matchup to Super Bowl level for me.