EPL Thread

SalvadorsDeli

42 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Liverpool just further emphasise my belief that we are miles off them. So for people to say we are in the title race is laughable.

Tbf I think you guys and Spurs can give us a challenge. New signings take half a season to a whole season to settle, so there is a chance you guys keep it up. Spurs too, they are playing peak Mou football and that always works (and is irritating).

Also our injuries will eventually bite us in the butt. We're down to one senior CB and kids who are natural CBs. Fabinho, Gini and Hendo will definitely pull a shift at CB for us, and that's not ideal.

City look lackluster thus far. Especially with Aguero on the sidelines. Jesus isn't as good and thier midfield hasn't looked as sharp as usual.

1 minute ago, Canadian Saint said:

Tbf I think you guys and Spurs can give us a challenge. New signings take half a season to a whole season to settle, so there is a chance you guys keep it up. Spurs too, they are playing peak Mou football and that always works (and is irritating).

Also our injuries will eventually bite us in the butt. We're down to one senior CB and kids who are natural CBs. Fabinho, Gini and Hendo will definitely pull a shift at CB for us, and that's not ideal.

City look lackluster thus far. Especially with Aguero on the sidelines. Jesus isn't as good and thier midfield hasn't looked as sharp as usual.

I have serious doubts about Us and Spurs tbh. Liverpool just dominated a very good Leicester team on form missing a good amount of players. We couldn’t dare to do that with a fully fit team. 

With us, I feel that against any decent side we struggle. Struggle to create, struggle to get out the press and too reliant on individual quality when we have the ball. Spurs don’t create enough chances for me and struggle against low blocks. Neither I think is sustainable over the course of a season. 

On 11/22/2020 at 4:40 PM, Kip Smithers said:

I have serious doubts about Us and Spurs tbh. Liverpool just dominated a very good Leicester team on form missing a good amount of players. We couldn’t dare to do that with a fully fit team. 

With us, I feel that against any decent side we struggle. Struggle to create, struggle to get out the press and too reliant on individual quality when we have the ball. Spurs don’t create enough chances for me and struggle against low blocks. Neither I think is sustainable over the course of a season. 

I hope you’re right about Spurs because I can’t stand how they play. Especially frustrating considering they have so much talent.

4 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

I hope you’re right about Spurs because I can’t stand how they play. Especially frustrating considering they have so much talent.

You can definitely see Mourinho’s imprint  on that team. They lack ideas going forward when they aren’t afforded spaces on the counter or against a high line. They’ll get exposed soon enough don’t you worry. They have no chance of winning the league trust me.

What a **** performance. I know we’re missing some key players, but they’re all on the defense. Even before the season began, I knew we needed better attackers and all we got was a castoff from a pretty mediocre Roma side on loan. If Vardy is not in tip top shape, we’re always in trouble.