EPL Thread

SalvadorsDeli

Like I’ve said, we are nearly as good as people think. I don’t care if we didn’t have Ziyech or Pulisic, how can you not score vs Everton who btw are playing without any natural full backs and haven’t kept a clean sheet since the first week of season. We didn’t even create any quality chances. Just cross and hope, which is pretty much how we have played.

4 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Lordy Manchester derby was dreary.

I wonder what's going on with City. They have looked uninspiring for a few games and were definitely stale. Their team still is top notch, manager is still top notch.

Keane is not happy.

https://www.sportbible.com/football/football-news-legends-take-a-bow-reactions-funny-roy-keane-was-absolutely-baffled-at-the-full-time-scenes-of-man-utd-vs-20201212?source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR3_QGQMQ7eVqRtH9Naz6cygiuYrJ9IUwJwnf0_uvmMuz2On0wNV3v92aC4

10 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Like I’ve said, we are nearly as good as people think. I don’t care if we didn’t have Ziyech or Pulisic, how can you not score vs Everton who btw are playing without any natural full backs and haven’t kept a clean sheet since the first week of season. We didn’t even create any quality chances. Just cross and hope, which is pretty much how we have played.

It's only Persian who thinks Chelsea are the second coming of 2011 Barca, isnt it?...

In all seriousness, it seems Chelsea most of the season have to pick from clean sheet or tons of goals, rarely in between. Everton match would be an in between. Not sure though, as not been following much this season. They're doing better than I thought though, I thought that defence was going to get Frank the sack

Man United and Man City did everything without the ball that they don't usually do. They maintained their shape and forced the other team to do something special, which they couldn't do.

As for Chelsea, I didn't watch much, but it looks to me that they rotate the attacking players too much. 

48 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

It's only Persian who thinks Chelsea are the second coming of 2011 Barca, isnt it?...

In all seriousness, it seems Chelsea most of the season have to pick from clean sheet or tons of goals, rarely in between. Everton match would be an in between. Not sure though, as not been following much this season. They're doing better than I thought though, I thought that defence was going to get Frank the sack

Our defence has definitely improved. Thiago Silva has been excellent, best CB in the league this season. Issue is that there is a lack of ideas in attack. It’s literally get the ball into the final third, get the ball the Ziyech and let him create. Or give the ball to our full backs to fling in hopeless crosses. Lampard doesn’t have a plan B. Lampard actually today started Havertz RW (which I like get because all Our wide players are injured) then he replaced Havertz with Tammy who He had play as a winger. Then takes off Kovacic (who was our best midfielder) for Gilmour who looked out of his depth. This result has been brewing for a while now. 

22 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Change my view:

Xhaka might be the dumbest player in any squad in the top 8. Goodness.

Man Arteta's seat should be getting pretty warm right about now. Their remaining schedule doesn't do him much favors going into 2021.

Arteta shouldnt have gone from 3 years as an assistant to coach of a B6 to begin with.

But if Im Nottingham Forest and he gets cut free. Have to be all over the move. Let him cut his teeth and grow as a coach building himself in the Champ League.

54 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Man City with 26 shots. And tie West Brom 1-1.

Theyve been getting a mountain of shots off. Hardly anything going in.

Their attack is not working well. I’ve heard Jesus’ advanced metrics are pretty great but I think they need a better 9. Aguero is too old and injury prone. They shouldn’t target Lautaro Martinez.

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Man City with 26 shots. And tie West Brom 1-1.

Theyve been getting a mountain of shots off. Hardly anything going in.

As Ducks said, they need a better striker. Jesus can't function as a lone striker IMO. Aguero is getting up their in age. They aren't finishing thier chances. Additionally, feels like thier midfield role has changed to moreso shield the back four than anything. Rodri-Gundo don't offer enough going forward imo.

Gabes great with the ball. I missed todays game. But other matches. Hes not a sudden striker. He likes to collect the ball and get control to shoot. Which by then, at this level, he gets surrounded and shots get knocked down or away. De Bruyne is a great sudden striker, but wild. More shots sail into the stands than goal zone.

Gabes 23 though. Do you keep him around to see if he continues growing or pawn him off to who could really use him? Guess it depends on who can be gotten first. Sure theyll go after Haaland. But teams like Valencia are in a world of debt and need moves. Wouldnt hurt to bring someone like Maxi Gomez in. Hes more sudden than Gabe though Gabe might be better handling the ball.