EPL Thread

SalvadorsDeli

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Can't remember who it was, but one of your players missed an absolute sitter. He was 4 foot from goal and didn't catch it well enough. It was a quick chance but he had to score. 

It was Smith-Rowe.  Our (toxic) fans who love to lump on certain players - especially to protect other, younger, players - we're trying to call the miss Bellerin's fault for not getting the cross right.  I'm like, Smith-Rowe just double-clutched... it happens, especially with young players in their early starts, and especially among the ones among those who aren't out-and-out strikers.

Being newer. The EPL is amazing. But I love the EFL Championship.

Derby has gone full Bad News Bears on the division. Most clueless team in the world. Now 1 loss in their last 7. Blow BirmCity out 4-0 today to climb into 20th spot. 3 of the next 4 are very winnable.

Shef Wed with 7pts last 3 matches. Clawing their way up. Then Wycombe with 4pts last 3 matches, beating a quality Cardiff City today.

Fight into the top 6 just as good as the bottom. Bristol City dropping like a rock. Middlesbrough a rollercoaster. Reading cant decide what they want to do, theyll noshow a match any random time. Barnsley has 12pts last 5 matches to jump from bottom half to 8th and climbing.

On 12/30/2020 at 5:26 AM, PARROTHEAD said:

Being newer. The EPL is amazing. But I love the EFL Championship.

Derby has gone full Bad News Bears on the division. Most clueless team in the world. Now 1 loss in their last 7. Blow BirmCity out 4-0 today to climb into 20th spot. 3 of the next 4 are very winnable.

Shef Wed with 7pts last 3 matches. Clawing their way up. Then Wycombe with 4pts last 3 matches, beating a quality Cardiff City today.

Fight into the top 6 just as good as the bottom. Bristol City dropping like a rock. Middlesbrough a rollercoaster. Reading cant decide what they want to do, theyll noshow a match any random time. Barnsley has 12pts last 5 matches to jump from bottom half to 8th and climbing.

Championship is arguably the most entertaining in the World. Literally proves every year that any team in the top half can make it. I think a team that was bottom at Christmas a few seasons ago got promoted too. Crazy hard league.

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

God I hope you lot don't sell Rice. Great talent. Soucek and Coufal are good finds too.

Haller however, good grief.

Agreed. He's the slowest player on the pitch. I'm not sure he's at all suited to being a top level pro. Perhaps at centre half in the Scottish League.

I'm getting beyond pissed off with United now. HOW MANY TIMES WILL THEY BE BAILED OUT BY BRUNO PENALTIES!!!??

Other teams need to adapt to this. They need to not go anywhere near anything that will cause the ref to give a penalty. Might give a few more goals away, but over time, it will cause MU's point differential to decline, given they rely so much on penalties. Joint most penalties in a season ever last year, and this year I think they beat that.

I'm so happy NFL doesn't have anything like penalties. I guess DPI is closest, but still it's not as consequential as penalties.

5 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Man City took it to Chelsea today.

Man last season Chelsea had such nice movement, runs into space that sort of thing. They look so static now. Werner looks absolutely dire, he doesn't seem like he's on the same page as anyone on their team. Their plan is just give the ball to Pulisic or Ziyech and hope they make something happen. It worked into City's hands because their midfield just isolated them out wide.

City probably had their best performance of the season. With Liverpool dropping points recently, I think they are up there for a title challenge. KDB had a great showing. Gundogen was playing excellently in their midfield too.