EPL Thread

SalvadorsDeli

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Im still new. Dont know much about the past few seasons. But looking at bad signings like Meyer and others that dont seem to be living up to their potential. Just has a feel to me they arnt pushed and are out there half the time sleepwalking. Zaha the only one looking like hes going full tilt. With Roy standing on the sideline grinning and doing nothing during matches. Anytime they go down a goal. Theres no real response at all. "Okay, we lost, lets zombie around the field the next 79 mins to get this over with."

For me. Being LSU. Matches come off feeling like theyre coached by Les Miles. Can see the talent pieces, know the team has balance. And win a game here and there in spite of the coaching by talent alone. Cause if they had only spent the budget of Leeds or Southampton. I say theyd be battling Sheffield United for bottom spot. Give a guy like Sean Dyche this budget and team. And theyre Evertons equal.

Sean Dyche is not who you want if you want more exciting football. Potter is the guy for that but I bet he’ll get interest from better teams if he ever wants to move.

1 hour ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Sean Dyche is not who you want if you want more exciting football. Potter is the guy for that but I bet he’ll get interest from better teams if he ever wants to move.

Sean was just an example because Burnley is 1pt back of CP having played 1 less game. While using nearly exactly half the yearly/weekly budget. Potter could have them looking like your squad.

The market should be there for CP to really make a charge up. Got Brentford, Chelsea, QPR, West Ham, Arsenal, Tots all crowded in North London. CP the only team south of the river. They land a big name coach this offseason. The money will be around for the taking in South London. Especially if Super League takes Arsenal and Chelsea. Will be Tots WHU and CP as Londons EPL heavies.

9 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Teams don't hire British managers when they want new and exciting.

It'll be a 13 year old German.

Tots struggling without Kane. 75 mins in with 3 shots taken compared to Brightons 15.  Just managed a couple more to kick it up to 5.

Chelsea offense might not be firing up front. But that defense has stepped up. 1 shot by Burnley all match. Both Chelsea goals by defenders I believe.

Jose Mourinho: "We're in a difficult moment with results, injuries and self-esteem"

Jose Mourinho: "In the first half I felt the team was probably too sad with the goal conceded and the situation."

Jose Mourinho: "There was a lack of energy. In the last 25, 30 minutes they gave everything but of course with some limitations. We couldn't score but at the same time gave them the chance to counter-attack."

Jose Mourinho: "The boys showed great spirit in the second half and the boys showed they are suffering and they tried to fight against that sadness."

Hmm. Figured the Tots would have the happiest team on earth with an apparent clown as manager.

Want sad. Derby players have been getting a quarter of their pay since November. Some weeks not paid at all. And theyre out kicking the crap outta teams.

8 hours ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

VAR is an absolute joke.

That's all I got. 

If you're referring to the pain of earlier today.  I agree, but also Jonathan Moss was the VAR official and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he's as lazy in the booth as he is on the pitch - where he's notorious for blowing fouls just so that he doesn't have to sprint to keep up with play.

The standard of refereeing in the PL is atrocious and there's no deserve from the FA for accountability.  A player has a run of bad form, they get benched.  A manager has a run of bad form, he gets sacked.  A referee has a run of bad form, it's just par for the course and nothing is done.