EPL Thread

SalvadorsDeli

On 1/30/2021 at 3:06 AM, Oregon Ducks said:

How do y’all’s predictions look like halfway through the season?

Mine look good except Chelsea.

"1. Liverpool again, but much closer

2. Man City

3. Man Utd

4. Chelsea

5. Arsenal

6. Spurs

7. LCFC"

Not great, but it's not over yet. Too high on Liverpool and Arsenal (lol). I wasn't that high on Chelsea but thought they could scrape top 4. 

Man U are surprising me because they really aren't that good. It's a down season. No one is good

8 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

"1. Liverpool again, but much closer

2. Man City

3. Man Utd

4. Chelsea

5. Arsenal

6. Spurs

7. LCFC"

Not great, but it's not over yet. Too high on Liverpool and Arsenal (lol). I wasn't that high on Chelsea but thought they could scrape top 4. 

Man U are surprising me because they really aren't that good. It's a down season. No one is good

Man City is good...like win the CL good. Would you bet on any team to beat them in Europe? Bayern isn’t as good as last year, neither is PSG, no Italian teams are at that level, Barca and RM are a mess. Atlético looks good, though.

Edited by Oregon Ducks

These last games have been interesting. The bottom 8 teams combine to have as many points out of their last matches as the 12 in from of them with 15. West Brom being the only loser out that bottom 8.

Southampton free falling. Last win Jan 4th.

For the EFL Champ League. Rotherham dug out of Relegation and dumped BirmCity into that zone. Sadly Nott Forest QPR and Cardiff all managed wins. But their schedules get rough. Dogfight to avoid League 1 still the best competition on the planet.

On 2/5/2021 at 7:03 PM, Oregon Ducks said:

Man City is good...like win the CL good. Would you bet on any team to beat them in Europe? Bayern isn’t as good as last year, neither is PSG, no Italian teams are at that level, Barca and RM are a mess. Atlético looks good, though.

I would bet a lot that they won't. 

I honestly feel like the PL is making them look better than they actually are. Bayern will come good, I'd take Barca and Atletico over two legs as well

Edited by Hunter2_1

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I would bet a lot that they won't. 

I honestly feel like the PL is making them look better than they actually are. Bayern will come good, I'd take Barca and Atletico over two legs as well

I feel the same for Barca and Atletico. Between them they have a salary cap of over 252 million each. 12 teams in LaLiga cant spend 75m. 8 of those arnt allowed 50m. La Liga is soft this year and geared just so the Big 3 can stomp around on the rest.

Theyre running into PSG and Chelsea. Almost think Lazio stands a better chance against Bayern than those 2 have in their matchups. Cause if anyone is going to give Bayern a fit, it will be an Italian team on a hot streak just for defensive reasons.

15 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

City would demolish Barca.

We probably would have thought the same about City demolishing Lyon, Shakhtar and Atalanta.

I simply do not trust them in the CL. They have not earned any trust from us.

I do think City are better than Barca, but my money would 100% be on Barca in a CL semi final over 2 legs

On 2/5/2021 at 2:03 PM, Oregon Ducks said:

As a long time City fan, I don’t bet on them in the CL out of history alone. But with Dias and Stones, I don’t know if I’ve ever felt this confident in defense. It’s really as if Kompany is back, and now he’s got an amazing partner. Our previous best CB partnership in recent history was Vincent and Lescott. 

Add in Cancelo who’s keeping Kyle Walker out of the team, and doing this without a proper striker (and recently without KDB)...it certainly feels different. 

Edited by EvilenFroggen
  • Like 1