EPL Thread

SalvadorsDeli

2 hours ago, EvilenFroggen said:

Just saw the whole Liverpool game (got bits and pieces at work on Sunday). Should they be concerned about Trent?  His offense is amazing, but he might as well have not been there against Sterling. 

Moreso offensively than defensively. He’s never gonna be good defensively. 

13 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Moreso offensively than defensively. He’s never gonna be good defensively. 

There's not good and then there's what happened Sunday, where he was little more than a training cone.  Then there was the game he gave the ball away 38 times in 77 minutes.  Yeesh, I hope the crosses are worth it.

On 2/9/2021 at 8:35 PM, EvilenFroggen said:

Just saw the whole Liverpool game (got bits and pieces at work on Sunday). Should they be concerned about Trent?  His offense is amazing, but he might as well have not been there against Sterling. 

He's always been this way. 80% attack, 20% defence

But yeah that was particularly bad.

I'm 100% that VVD made everyone else look like superstars

Edited by Hunter2_1

On 2/9/2021 at 8:23 PM, EvilenFroggen said:

As a long time City fan, I don’t bet on them in the CL out of history alone. But with Dias and Stones, I don’t know if I’ve ever felt this confident in defense. It’s really as if Kompany is back, and now he’s got an amazing partner. Our previous best CB partnership in recent history was Vincent and Lescott. 

Add in Cancelo who’s keeping Kyle Walker out of the team, and doing this without a proper striker (and recently without KDB)...it certainly feels different. 

Yeah this is definitely more like it. Last season was a joke, it was like Pep was deliberately neglecting the defence. There must be a bit of luck involved with John's turnaround, or Dias is making him better or something.

12 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yeah this is definitely more like it. Last season was a joke, it was like Pep was deliberately neglecting the defence. There must be a bit of luck involved with John's turnaround, or Dias is making him better or something.

It could be any combination of things. Maybe it’s that Dias is so much more of a leader than Laporte. If you buy into the claims that Stones’ personal life was in turmoil (through his own doing) and it was severely affecting his play and that’s been resolved, it could be that.  Maybe it’s that his Stones grew three sizes this summer.  It’s probably a combination, but it is incredible. 

Statistically this is the worst title defence ever from LFC. Surprising considering they won it with an enormous margin.

City defence is so much better than everyone else's. 

Goals Against - City 1st, Spurs 2nd, Arsenal (?!) 3rd

Goals For - United 1st, LFC 2nd, City 3rd

48 minutes ago, EvilenFroggen said:

Well. Changed entirely from when I left to go to work.  Does Leicester end up in the top four?

Was 0-0. I fixed some breakfast real quick. Came back and its 3-1. So while I didnt see the scoring part. All the scorelessness I did witness, Leicester def belongs.

Palace on the other hand. Without Zaha they couldnt be top 4 in Champ.

• Like 1

At this point, not finishing in the top 4 would be a disappointment, although we were in this place last season...

We should be okay as long as we don’t have a ton of additional injuries. We don’t have as much depth as the Big 6 and James Justin might be out for the season with an ACL injury. Shame for him. I think he had a chance of making the England squad this summer.

Man City are so freaking impressive this year. Total domination against Tottenham and shut down Kane and Song without Días. Potential bad news for them as Gundogan left the game with an injury and he’s been on fire (understatement) lately.

Edited by Oregon Ducks

5 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Was 0-0. I fixed some breakfast real quick. Came back and its 3-1. So while I didnt see the scoring part. All the scorelessness I did witness, Leicester def belongs.

Palace on the other hand. Without Zaha they couldnt be top 4 in Champ.

Eze has been so much fun when I’ve seen him. Is he not producing?

22 minutes ago, EvilenFroggen said:

Eze has been so much fun when I’ve seen him. Is he not producing?

Nobody does without Zaha. Theyre like 1-18 in games without him.

Didnt see much out of him today. But that pretty much goes for the whole team.

At least Roy wasnt grinning like a fool on the sideline. Guess he knows its over for him now.