EPL Thread

SalvadorsDeli

18 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

I know they’re missing a ton of CBs but what’s happening to Liverpool, and specifically their attack, is not good. Something is up.

Its a collapse for the ages. They can get control, but cant finish anything.

This is March and...

This does actually make a lot of sense, why LFC have fallen so hard. 

Under Klopp they score so many from their pressing and counter-pressing game, which relies on a high defensive line and/or a defense confident and able enough to play the risky high line. They do not have that defense this time, so they aren't as compact as a team and therefore their pressing is easier to navigate through.

Coupled to that is the lack of energy that every team is experiencing this season. Guardiola has recognised this and City are pressing less as well. They've turned into a more traditional and compact team that move as a unit and conserves energy when they don't have the ball (pretty much the opposite to how his Barca team played). So with a lack of energy comes a lack of intensity on the counter-press, which is aids for Klopp's style of play.

They aren't going to make top 4.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Hopefully Newcastle or Burnley.

I want Newcastle just to see what happens there. Team was all set to be sold until the league crashed down on them. Relegation knocks over 100m euros off their 300m tag. But in return Ashley gets the Champ League teams voting. Which the Saudis could honor the agreed price to get the ball rolling.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Got Burnley, Newcastle, Brighton and Fulham all within 4 points of that 18th spot. With Fulham nabbing 8 points and only 1 loss in their last 5.

Who is going down?  I say its between Brighton and Newcastle right now.

Still got Fulham

On 3/9/2021 at 4:12 AM, PARROTHEAD said:

I want Newcastle just to see what happens there. Team was all set to be sold until the league crashed down on them. Relegation knocks over 100m euros off their 300m tag. But in return Ashley gets the Champ League teams voting. Which the Saudis could honor the agreed price to get the ball rolling.

The reason it got rejected was MBS. 

The killing of that journalist was bad PR. The 'big' clubs will do everything they can to prevent Newcastle getting the super wealthy owner. Al Kashoggi is the perfect story in that regard to stop it happening.

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Not allowing MU to get 3 or 4 penalties is a win in itself. I'll take the 1-0 loss. Could have been worse

7 shots, 0 on target might be a concern. But have to love the schedule. Got Arsenal, LC and Chelsea in the next couple weeks. Then clear sailing.

4 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

7 shots, 0 on target might be a concern. But have to love the schedule. Got Arsenal, LC and Chelsea in the next couple weeks. Then clear sailing.

We are about 8 spots higher than I expected to be. I have no concerns really, just pleasant surprise about this season. Did not expect to be anywhere near top 4

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

We are about 8 spots higher than I expected to be. I have no concerns really, just pleasant surprise about this season. Did not expect to be anywhere near top 4

Yall play Chelsea, and Chelsea plays Man City/LC. I think it could end up with that Chelsea-LC matchup next to last game as the decider of yalls fate.