EPL Thread

SalvadorsDeli

16 hours ago, xenajets said:

I don’t think he’s going anywhere after the season you have had. Moyes has done surprisingly great for you. 

I'm a bit sceptical to anything I see this season, other than City being good.

I honestly think it's a massive down year and some teams (such as WHU) have coped a bit better and it's levelled the playing field. 

I'd like to see another season with an actual pre-season to determine if Don Moyes is the one. 

You only have to look at the change in LFC/City's pressing to realise it's an easier year for most teams.

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I'm a bit sceptical to anything I see this season, other than City being good.

I honestly think it's a massive down year and some teams (such as WHU) have coped a bit better and it's levelled the playing field. 

I'd like to see another season with an actual pre-season to determine if Don Moyes is the one. 

You only have to look at the change in LFC/City's pressing to realise it's an easier year for most teams.

City have been very good. But when you can afford to swap out 4/5 top players with equally just as good players week in week out that strength in depth has just obliterated the league. 

Yeah as a Man Utd fan I’m not a big fan of David Moyes for obvious reasons. However he’s done a great job this year. 

Definitely a big difference having no fans in stadium and all the other factors that go into it. Look at Sheff Utd...flying until last March and ever since the first lockdown they’ve been awful. Will be relegated soon too. 

11 hours ago, xenajets said:

Definitely a big difference having no fans in stadium and all the other factors that go into it. Look at Sheff Utd...flying until last March and ever since the first lockdown they’ve been awful. Will be relegated soon too. 

I lean towards Sheffields 3-5-2 got figured out. It saved them last year. But when you dont have the talent, the gimmick well runs dry quick.

I say the teams have settled into who they really are without fans now. Look back at Oct-Nov. With Southampton getting its first ever 1 spot. While ManCity was in 6th-7th. Now look at the points difference between the 2. Might have taken a bit of warming to do, but the cream always rises to the top.

With WHU. They can coast home for the most part. Majority of the toughest teams are behind them now. Moyes seems to have been the right pick.

6 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I lean towards Sheffields 3-5-2 got figured out. It saved them last year. But when you dont have the talent, the gimmick well runs dry quick.

I say the teams have settled into who they really are without fans now. Look back at Oct-Nov. With Southampton getting its first ever 1 spot. While ManCity was in 6th-7th. Now look at the points difference between the 2. Might have taken a bit of warming to do, but the cream always rises to the top.

With WHU. They can coast home for the most part. Majority of the toughest teams are behind them now. Moyes seems to have been the right pick.

Yeah the 3-5-2 can work with the right players long term as long as it can be adapted. I’m not sure if it was the players just not performing anymore.

For what it’s worth I hated playing in a 3-5-2. But i would play left wing back in that system and it’s not the most enjoyable system unless for a no10. 

6 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Gundogan is doing alright this year...

Still have high hopes that SMS will get the recognition he deserves one day

Gundogan has a better eye for goal but I think Tielemens is better defensively. Amazing how much ground he covers with his chubby baby face.