EPL Thread

SalvadorsDeli

2 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Kante of a couple of years ago, sure. Current Kante? No way in hell.

Oft injured Kante ?yeah Tielemans is better. The properly managed and fit Kante? Nah nobody is better. Though the more I think about it I guess a box to box is fair although not perfect description of Tielemans.

Edited by Kip Smithers

12 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Oft injured Kante ?yeah Tielemans is better. The properly managed and fit Kante? Nah nobody is better. Though the more I think about it I guess a box to box is fair although not perfect description of Tielemans.

Agreed with all of this. But I don’t know if Kante will ever reach that level again

1 hour ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Agreed with all of this. But I don’t know if Kante will ever reach that level again

You’re seeing it now tbh. He’s finally back to his natural position. The roamer in a double pivot. He’s at that level but he can’t sustain it every 3-4 days that’s why he’s being managed. 

10 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Watch the 2nd leg against Atletico Madrid. Those performances come less consistently now that he's older, but at his best he's elite 

Been following Sunderland with their new young owner. January 1st they were 11th in League 1. Now sit 3rd having played less games than Hull & Peterborough in front of them.

Championship going to be fun next season. They go up. Sheffield, WBA, maybe Newcastle come down. Championship will be STACKED with big, historic names. Best promotion/relegation battles in any league going, only looking to get better.

Always considered Kante a defensive midfielder rather than a B2B but I suppose his role has evolved. LCFC's champ year and his first season at CFC he was a wall. Couldn't get by him. 

Shout out to Marcos Llorente. He's not the best yet, but he's brilliant. 

7 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Always considered Kante a defensive midfielder rather than a B2B but I suppose his role has evolved. LCFC's champ year and his first season at CFC he was a wall. Couldn't get by him. 

Very much this.  I've always insisted that part of rating a B2B midfielder specifically is including (if not stressing) his ability to make the players around him better (or at least look that way because he makes their job easier) by seeming-virtue of his very presence on the pitch.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

He’s a defensive box to box if that makes sense so you say a hybrid of that. He’s not Makelele, even though that comparison often made.  You notice he’s always had a sitting player next to him (except for when he plays for France) whether it me Matic, Drinkwater or Jorginho. 

• Like 1