EPL Thread

SalvadorsDeli

12 hours ago, persiandud said:

seems about right 

Not doing too bad being above Chelsea in April, considering we have spent £200M less over the last season....

I don't suppose it will last, but we deserve some credit for keeping up with mega spenders

1 minute ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Not doing too bad being above Chelsea in April, considering we have spent £200M less over the last season....

I don't suppose it will last, but we deserve some credit for keeping up with mega spenders

Yeah, that's fair. Think Moyes has done a good job there 

I think it's also fair to point out that Chelsea sacked their manager midseason, so I think Tuchel deserves huge credit for taking this side into top 4 contention. we were 9th when he was appointed, and we're also in the FA cup final and Champions League semifinal 

Looks like the dam is breaking. Always made sense that the oligarch clubs would be the first to jump ship, they have a better competitive advantage with the status quo compared to if a Super League did move forward. 

Would expect Man City to follow suit soon... wonder whether that will be enough to sink this entirely. 

10 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Looks like the dam is breaking. Always made sense that the oligarch clubs would be the first to jump ship, they have a better competitive advantage with the status quo compared to if a Super League did move forward. 

Would expect Man City to follow suit soon... wonder whether that will be enough to sink this entirely. 

Never fully committed to a team before, but have followed the EPL for the past few years now. The clubs always were so local and supporting a club is taken so seriously compared to America, but I might be a Chelsea fan now. Kicking JP Morgan in the nuts feels like a cause I can get behind. 

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Never fully committed to a team before, but have followed the EPL for the past few years now. The clubs always were so local and supporting a club is taken so seriously compared to America, but I might be a Chelsea fan now. Kicking JP Morgan in the nuts feels like a cause I can get behind. 

Yeah I think people becoming Chelsea fans because they're angry about the role that money plays in football might just be the cherry on top of all of this that finally gets me to give up on whatever rotten husk remains of this sport. Irony is truly dead. 

• Like 2

Just now, SalvadorsDeli said:

Yeah I think people becoming Chelsea fans because they're angry about the role that money plays in football might just be the cherry on top of all of this that finally gets me to give up on whatever rotten husk remains of this sport. Irony is truly dead. 

Ha you're totally right - I'll leave it up in shame.

Truth be told I'm really looking for a team at this point. Tough with no organic connection to the area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Ha you're totally right - I'll leave it up in shame.

Truth be told I'm really looking for a team at this point. Tough with no organic connection to the area.

Leicester City! 

someone here called us the A’s with a ring and I can see it. We might win a another trophy soon, too. :)

Edited by Oregon Ducks

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yuck.

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

They should have never been "in" in the first place. And would still be in the mix if not for the outrage.

If they did like PSG or BVB Id understand. But they were merely covering their own backside, not kicking JP in the nads.

57 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

They should have never been "in" in the first place. And would still be in the mix if not for the outrage.

If they did like PSG or BVB Id understand. But they were merely covering their own backside, not kicking JP in the nads.

Apparently if Barca's members vote down joining but the club doesn't leave the agreement they keep the sign up bonus money. Which is hilarious, a big bank is going to bailout a bankrupt football club. 

Also seems like the UK is considering reform for ownership and whatnot. This thing has really blown up in their faces.

Also this: