EPL Thread

SalvadorsDeli

On 5/2/2021 at 10:53 PM, Buc Ball said:

People don’t want to see the fabric of their club destroyed by bad ownership who don’t understand the sport or what the clubs mean to their communities. The anger is justified, the actions are not. 

The actions were justified as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mega Ron said:

The actions were justified as well.

Smashing up the windows inside the stadium and nearly costing a police officer his eyesight by hitting him in the face with a bottle isn’t justifiable, no matter how poorly aligned your moral compass.

1 hour ago, Buc Ball said:

Smashing up the windows inside the stadium and nearly costing a police officer his eyesight by hitting him in the face with a bottle isn’t justifiable, no matter how poorly aligned your moral compass.

The stadium was breached 4 times. There was no possible way for the police there to secure the place. And should not have been pushed to do so by the Glazers. The fans were perfectly peaceful up until that point which the Glazers got police involved. By time the stadium was occupied, they should have kept the protesters safe and let them hold the pitch.

9 hours ago, Buc Ball said:

I don't see someone with a poorly aligned moral compass caring about someone having a cut on their face.

Either way, without the direct action, and the accidental injury to a police officer, the protest doesn't make the impact that it did.

The Glazers, and other owners, are under pressure. Actions like this will make them, perhaps for the first time, consider the supporters of the clubs before trying to **** them over.

GSB out.

2 hours ago, Mega Ron said:

I don't see someone with a poorly aligned moral compass caring about someone having a cut on their face.

Either way, without the direct action, and the accidental injury to a police officer, the protest doesn't make the impact that it did.

The Glazers, and other owners, are under pressure. Actions like this will make them, perhaps for the first time, consider the supporters of the clubs before trying to **** them over.

GSB out.

Yeah this is the thing with protests. With direct action they try and make a change by using words, or shouting or banners etc, and it's easily brushed under the carpet. When protestors cause damage, cause cost implications to police and public service, get events cancelled etc - that's when you tend to see changes.

I don't like MU, but they have tried the banner and poster approach to no avail....

One thing I would say though, is I doubt this happens if they're winning the league

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

One thing I would say though, is I doubt this happens if they're winning the league

As true as that is, the reason they don't compete is that they have so much money go to the Glazers, and to play for the deal that they used to buy the club.

Derby and SheffWed lit it up. One incredible matchup for survival.

SheffWed pulled in front in the 2nd half.  Derby tied it up and held at the 79min mark.

Like both squads. Feel bad for SheffWed and their fans. An unfair 6 pt deduction to start the season. Then coming down to the final day. Within 15 mins of staying up. Heart goes out to them. They brought the fight today.

6 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

If we miss out on top 4...fire Rodgers. Maybe overreacting but that would be 2 straight chokes...

Looking at yalls final 3 matches... Ouch.

While West Ham plays only bottom 5 teams. And with only Crystal Palace to save you from Liverpool running the table.

14 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Looking at yalls final 3 matches... Ouch.

While West Ham plays only bottom 5 teams. And with only Crystal Palace to save you from Liverpool running the table.

It doesn't matter, we're west ham.

We are the team that prove that cliche '2-0 is a more dangerous scoreline than 1-0' to be true. We'd beat a top 5 club then get melted by Newcastle. If there is a Fergie time, there should be a Hammer time where we give up leads in the 90th+ mins.

That said, Everton are our bogey team. We have an abysmal record against them. I think Lukaku scored against us for something like 6 years in a row lol

I guarantee we will not finish top 4. I'd even say 6th is likely.

It's still a great unexpected season from us though. Don't finish this high very often at all

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1