EPL Thread

SalvadorsDeli

17 minutes ago, persiandud said:

Yes, we've been interested for a while, but I hope we don't get him

If I were a Chelsea fan, I wouldn't really feel the need for him. You're pretty set in MF, and Jorginho proved in Euros he can do everything that Rice can. If you lost one of Kante or Jorg though, I think Rice would really be useful. He isn't just a sit-in DM for WHU like he was for England, he bombs upfield, shoots, plays key passes high up field etc. He's good.

We're slightly cheeky asking you for 100m though, lol.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2021 at 5:03 AM, persiandud said:

I feel like we do need a midfielder, Kante has been picking up a lot of nagging injuries these past few years. Need another ball winner I think 

Declan Rice is a good young player, but at that 100M valuation....not for me. 

So continues the overrated/overvalued tradition of English players. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mega Ron said:

They don't have a proper striker at the moment.

25 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

If Gabiel Jesus is leading the line all season, I think it's about where they'll be. 

they didn't have a "proper striker" last season and they won the league comfortably, scoring the most goals in the league with 83. i don't think they "need" Kane/ a top front man, Pep is the best manager there is, and outside of PSG this is the best squad in the world. they are still the favorites to me, although I do expect a closer race this time around due to the other top 4 clubs making reinforcements 

Jesús isn’t even playing striker anymore - he’s playing on the wing and he destroyed Norwich. They had Ferran Torres as the 9 and he’s very promising but not ready.

I’ve heard they have Aubameyang as a back up plan if Kane doesn’t work out.

I can see him as a good stop gap before they go all in on Haaland next summer.