EPL Thread

SalvadorsDeli

Somebody gonna have to explain to me why Tuchel decided to go with a 3-5-2 (or with how the game played out 5-3-2) vs City with literally only 2 goal scoring threats on the pitch? We’ve played City 3 times under Tuchel and we looked as bad going forward as we did. Not until he changed the shape and system, shock there was more possession in their half. 

On 9/24/2021 at 7:55 AM, Mega Ron said:

I'm going to go with Norwich, Watford and Newcastle.

Think Watford might have just enough to stay up. Sarr is electric, he might win them just enough points on his own.

Southampton could be a candidate, guess they've had some decent results so far, but their squad looks super thin. Not going to score enough goals imo

7 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Spurs look shocking. They'll regret not selling Kane at the price that was offered.

Arsenal played well and their young guys looked good. Emile Smith-Rowe is a tidy player. I don't know if he plays like this every week, but he seems mature. Very good fundamentals and understanding of the game.

Look at Brighton and Villa both sell their best players. And built deeper teams that are playing better overall for it.
Especially being cash-strapped like the owner currently is. Selling Kane was best for the team long term. And maybe short term as well. These 3 strait losses theyve been outscored 9-1. 

58 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Look at Brighton and Villa both sell their best players. And built deeper teams that are playing better overall for it.
Especially being cash-strapped like the owner currently is. Selling Kane was best for the team long term. And maybe short term as well. These 3 strait losses theyve been outscored 9-1. 

I mean it's Deja Vu for Levy. Did the same with Eriksen and Rose and it seems like Kane is heading that way too.

22 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Spurs look shocking. They'll regret not selling Kane at the price that was offered.

Arsenal played well and their young guys looked good. Emile Smith-Rowe is a tidy player. I don't know if he plays like this every week, but he seems mature. Very good fundamentals and understanding of the game.

ESR is electric, but neither he or Saka (I'll be honest, and I love them both) are at Phil Foden's level - they may get there, but Foden's development has been spot-on and it shows.  I generally hate drawing parallels to Arsenal legend (but if I liken back to Arsenal players from the 70's and 80's I doubt a lot of folks in here are going to know much about who I'm referencing), but there's some (emphasis: some... not the finished product) Bobby Pires to Smith-Rowe and I still feel like his ultimate future may be as more of a #8 (which Hale End, ironically considering the senior team for the last 10 years, is looking really good at churning out right now as that likely is going to be Charlie Patino's best position).  I think, for the moment, Arteta is cultivating him as a sort of poor man's KdB.

I'm trying not to let yesterday's result have me getting too far ahead of my skis, but it at least has me feeling more confident that the plan that does very much look like is in place (Mertesacker just did a much better job of framing it that Edu did in their respective interviews) of a realistic return to CL (possibly not annually because with the parity in the PL, any self-sustaining team is going to be subject to the luck and results that befall the religiously-big-spenders) in 2-3 years is attainable.

It has officially been 1 year since I jumped in with the EPL.

So Im ready to announce my team.

Since I refused to be a plastic. Hopping onboard some B6 team. Pssh. That just aint my style. I walk the unbeaten path. The road less taken. Support the downtrodden, the underdog.

So.... TAAA-DAAAA!

4zGDNxdC.png

😆