EPL Thread

SalvadorsDeli

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Spurs give with Nuno the arse...

Why even get him in the first place? They think they're a bigger club than they actually are. Now that Kane has downed tools, they are doomed. They think they're getting Conte now too....

Eh, they'll probably get him tbh.  How long he sticks there - even if he does well - is anyone's guess; this just reeks of another Jose (with obviously less sociopathic personality issues than Jose has) situation.  They can promise him money to spend - initially - but it's almost assuredly to come at the expense of a Kane sale in order to stock that kiddy.

I still think Nuno's biggest fault with Spurs was that he tried to go against what worked for him in the past, with Wolves and before, and pressed doing the bully-ball club that Tottenham only have been in the bloated fantasies of the media that continue to want to build them up.

I dont know if Nuno got enough time to really do anything. He was trying to change everything. Didnt they run a 5-2-3 last match?

If they have someone in mind. Then go ahead and pull the plug. But Nuno has won matches in the Prem with a crap team. A team that cost over double should produce something under him. But they look clueless out there, maybe it is the huge adjustment in what he wants out on the field. At least kept him till break.

Oh well. At least hes not at Palace. Whom with their new coach have the 2nd least losses and no-loss streak. 🤴

1 hour ago, Mega Ron said:

Imagine having a free choice of teams to support and going for Crystal Palace.

Bit like choosing the Browns I guess. 

(I jest. More like opting for the Bears or the Lions)

I thought he was Milwall fan? Or no was it Newcastle? Perhaps it was Wrexham...I can't remember 

14 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Eh, they'll probably get him tbh.  How long he sticks there - even if he does well - is anyone's guess; this just reeks of another Jose (with obviously less sociopathic personality issues than Jose has) situation.  They can promise him money to spend - initially - but it's almost assuredly to come at the expense of a Kane sale in order to stock that kiddy.

I still think Nuno's biggest fault with Spurs was that he tried to go against what worked for him in the past, with Wolves and before, and pressed doing the bully-ball club that Tottenham only have been in the bloated fantasies of the media that continue to want to build them up.

Yes, it does look like it. I'm surprised. He must have been given some assurances from Spurs' board. He comes with his 'demands'.

He's won trophies wherever he has gone. For me, it's a great signing from Spurs - IF they give him what he asks for. He's going to want a good striker, hard working wing backs and midfielders. They don't have much in place for him if you consider Kane has downed tools. Interesting to have Conte back in the league.

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yes, it does look like it. I'm surprised. He must have been given some assurances from Spurs' board. He comes with his 'demands'.

He's won trophies wherever he has gone. For me, it's a great signing from Spurs - IF they give him what he asks for. He's going to want a good striker, hard working wing backs and midfielders. They don't have much in place for him if you consider Kane has downed tools. Interesting to have Conte back in the league.

They can't compete with Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, and at some point Newcastle.

The best they can hope for is to battle for 4th.

4 hours ago, Mega Ron said:

Imagine having a free choice of teams to support and going for Crystal Palace.

Bit like choosing the Browns I guess. 

(I jest. More like opting for the Bears or the Lions)

I know. To Americans theres only 6 teams to pick from.

But Im Trinidad. So I eliminated those guys first.

And just when I watched Green Street Hooligans and thought, "This West Ham team... Hmm..." I discovered Karen Brady and swam across the river.

16 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

And just when I watched Green Street Hooligans and thought, "This West Ham team... Hmm..." I discovered Karen Brady and swam across the river.

and thought the Saudis were preferable....?

Jim Carrey Omg GIF

6 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yeah, I just look at the state of Spurs side and I don't think we can fairly project Conte to come in and do the sort of turnaround he's done with the likes of Inter and Chelsea.  For one, the cogs for him to run the similar 3-5-2 that we've grown recently accustom to seeing him deploy, well... those are there at Spurs.  Regulon and Emerson are fullback - very much fullbacks - not  wingbacks and not exactly in-form FB's at that.  Just because Kane and Son are of similar builds to Lukaku and Lotaro Martinez doesn't mean that they're comparable player types; likely Son more than Kane, but the point remains.  And he's going to have to sell in order to buy with the stadium debt that has to be accounted for by Levy.  I'm going to bet we see him return to the 4-2-4, and I'd set the odds at right around 50:50 that he just up and moves on to another job (or at least that that's his "hedged bet" right now) in 18 mos when the contract he just signed is up.

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Just drive mate.

14 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Lets hear your tale. Why WHU?  What drew you? Boleyn atmosphere?

Cause honestly. If the Boleyn was still in play. Id have pick them the first week.

It's our local team. If @Mega Ron is anything like me and my family - generations of family coming from the East end of London, West Ham heartland.

It wasn't a choice. 

Edited by Hunter2_1