EPL Thread

SalvadorsDeli

That's my story too.

For most of our lives it has been a mixture of both blessing and curse. At the moment things look as though they will always be great. 

EnIfTFdXMAYRVmt.jpg

But we know that West Ham is the team where entropy reigns supreme. This will be us before long. Normally it's just after Christmas:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDL1M-DB1TCQ3GlFuzLFq

Most fans would be in favour of that to be fair.

The stadium is an issue. But it's not because of it's design. It's because the deal that the owners agreed means that West Ham has no control over it. Now the owners do want it that way. They don't want to be responsible for anything because they don't like paying for things.

So the matchday is somewhat ruined by fans having to rely on services that are usually improved because a football club needs to provide a decent experience to it's supporters. However, the bureaucracies that control everything about the stadium, and the vast park that it sits on, don't care about the fans and the fan experience. 

It's like going home and being made to feel that you are not welcome and most fans I know already get that treatment from their families in their everyday lives.

The current owners could fix most things right now. They won't because they don't care about the fans and bought the club with the intention of moving to the Olympic stadium and selling the club in 2023 for a massive profit of around $650 million.

New owners could earn unmeasurable goodwill with supporters by making relatively inexpensive changes. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Top 10. 2nd least amount of losses. 3rd longest unbeaten streak.

"Who could have their pick of any team and chose Palace?"

You dont choose Palace. If you are most worthy. The football gods descend and bless you with Palace.

PV has been brilliant for them. Gallagher is some player

8 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

PV has been brilliant for them. Gallagher is some player

Edouard is the surprise for me. I figured once he hit a major league like the Prem hed be a guy to come off the bench. He was 20 and PSG sold him for 1.5 mil. Then he looked good on a loaded team in a lower league. Hes not a player made for Liverpool, ManC/U, Juve, Real or any of those major clubs. But hes perfect for us.

12 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

United, if it was even possible, looked even worse this time against City. Should have been another 5 or 6-0.

Embarrassing team that had “title aspiration”. Not even close mate, not even close. 

United looked quality today.

They were ******* massive.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Edouard is the surprise for me. I figured once he hit a major league like the Prem hed be a guy to come off the bench. He was 20 and PSG sold him for 1.5 mil. Then he looked good on a loaded team in a lower league. Hes not a player made for Liverpool, ManC/U, Juve, Real or any of those major clubs. But hes perfect for us.

PSG sold him to Celtic for £9m.

He’s a very good player when he’s motivated, but he wasn’t in his last 18 months at celtic and put in next to no effort. I guess that’s what they get for telling him they’d let him leave in 2020 and then going back on it.

It wouldn’t surprise me if he eventually ended up a few levels higher than Palace. 

21 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I do like Klopp but when he loses, he turns into a man baby. Never his fault or his players' fault. Always owed a penalty and when his players dive it's never a penalty.

Come on Grand Faßer Jurgen...

I bet he's not a fan of the poppy on the shirt.

Moaning about a red as well. Sorry you had to try to beat a whole team Jurgen.

Edited by Mega Ron
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Another F*****G International Break. GO AWAY!!!

Fortunately, this is the last one till March.

The other edged of that sword?  AFCON is in January and the soonest any player going to it (allowing for 3 days for recovery/travel from the last day of group stages) is January 28th.

11 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Fortunately, this is the last one till March.

The other edged of that sword?  AFCON is in January and the soonest any player going to it (allowing for 3 days for recovery/travel from the last day of group stages) is January 28th.

Liverpool should be disproportionately affected by this, right? Although I’m sure I say this every year…