EPL Thread

SalvadorsDeli

https://sempremilan.com/newcastle-staveley-milan-dal-pino

This is pretty funny. Serie A President on investing in Newcastle over either Milan team.

“We have 8 foreign owners, 7 American and one Chinese who believed in Serie A & that there is potential for growth. If Ms Staveley preferred to invest in Newcastle over Inter or Milan, you can see that she likes small cars and not F1 cars,” he said (via MilanEye).

“When you invest, you look at the potential of the company and the market in which you operate. When you look at Italian football you see that it is a great opportunity, because it has unexpressed potential like no other league.”

Half of those Serie A teams are for sale. Begging for buyers. All their plans have fallen through. They had that 1 Chinese investor. Then China forbid taking money out of the country. So he was screwed, along with all the investors they were trying to draw. Now basically shunned as losers by the Middle East while more Premier games air there than ever.

On 11/16/2021 at 12:19 AM, PARROTHEAD said:

https://sempremilan.com/newcastle-staveley-milan-dal-pino

This is pretty funny. Serie A President on investing in Newcastle over either Milan team.

Half of those Serie A teams are for sale. Begging for buyers. All their plans have fallen through. They had that 1 Chinese investor. Then China forbid taking money out of the country. So he was screwed, along with all the investors they were trying to draw. Now basically shunned as losers by the Middle East while more Premier games air there than ever.

Serie A is usually a better watch than the EPL these days and it has actual derbies that appear to mean something to the players, instead of the watered down, soulless versions we now have in England.

If Serie A gets a stable TV deal, it has tonnes of potential. 

3 hours ago, Buc Ball said:

Serie A is usually a better watch than the EPL these days and it has actual derbies that appear to mean something to the players, instead of the watered down, soulless versions we now have in England.

If Serie A gets a stable TV deal, it has tonnes of potential. 

Dont see how they can make it out of this hole theyve dug. Just had 3 mega-billionaires buy French clubs. Ratcliffe buying Nice is helping fuel others to buy in and look towards France. If it were me looking to buy. Id take Nantes over any Italy team right now. Same as the Saudi group picking Newcastle.

They have to figure out how to draw the quality owners they need in moving forward. Hard to attract people to buy some of these 50 million dollar clubs when they owe 200 and dont own their stadiums.

Lordy Ole has to be sacked in the morning no? Losing 4-1 to Watford is embarassing. Maguire is not a ball playing defender. Why on earth do they keep trying to make him a ball playing defender does my head in. Now the problem United have is who do they replace Ole with? Erik Ten Haag and Rodgers are both summer replacements. Both have a bit of risk. Zidane doesn't want to manage in England (and I think he's waiting for PSG). Conte was a perfect replacement but he's at Spurs.

Good win by Liverpool. A level above Arsenal. I thought Arsenal played well in small stretches, but their midfield didn't do them any favors. Lokonga and Partey weren't a good partnership. They also need a striker who can hold up play. Ramsdale was their best player today.

TAA is also a generational talent at RB. Good grief I think he's had something like 9 assists in his last 6 games.

21 hours ago, Dan_Bali said:

Arteta is the Spanish Solskjaer..   why stick with a guy that you know you'll have to fire eventually???

Man I'm not sure it's that easy. Don't get me wrong, he hasn't impressed to 100% stick with it. However, Arsenal finally have a base and a direction that looks promising for the first time in years. They are still stuck with dead weight from their previous ventures (Auba for example), but I think I'd give Arteta until atleast Xmas next year. Arsenal certainly have a ton of young talent in their team (youngest starting 11 in the PL if I'm not mistaken), so I'd see if he can steady the ship over the summer. They desperately need a clinical striker and some more talent in the midfield but I think the foundation and direction are there.