EPL Thread

SalvadorsDeli

6 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I can’t believe it

i thought he liked hard workers 

So did I. I mean I'm sure he'll get more out of Pogba than United, however if he thinks he'll replace a Gundogen or B. Silva, I think he'll be in for a bad time. Pogba isn't going to start working hard after years of not doing so.

God I want this to happen so badly.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I really hope Leeds stay above regulation. I've loved watching them come up since last year. 

Somehow they need another pt or 2 since Burnley holds the tiebreaker.

Im kinda pulling for Burnley. Cause theyre small market. If they go down, it could be to stay. Everton and Leeds would both be back up shortly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Somehow they need another pt or 2 since Burnley holds the tiebreaker.

Im kinda pulling for Burnley. Cause theyre small market. If they go down, it could be to stay. Everton and Leeds would both be back up shortly.

I'm with you for that. I'll still take Leeds, but your point is sound. 

16 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm with you for that. I'll still take Leeds, but your point is sound. 

Leeds has the matchups that fit them pretty good. Brentford, Villa and Palace. Dont think they can beat either, but I could see pulling 2 draws. 1 might be enough.

While Burnley plays Villa and Newcastle. With Villa having just beat them 3-1 last week.

• Like 1

Incredible 5 min stretch for City. Had both matches going. Watching Liverpool fans light up when the score hit 2-0. Then fall apart as City came alive. Atmospheres of each stadium doing 180s in moments.

What its all about. Amazing way to cap off the season.

Sucks for Burnley. I dont see them returning for a few years.

I despise Liverpool, but it's quite frankly insane that Klopp has now had two seasons with 90+ points and didn't win a title in either. 

The fact he can pick his players up the floor from that just speaks volumes to him as a leader. Imagine going into a season knowing you can only drop points in 6 or 7 games to win the league ...

City's Premier League juggernaut continues. They are obviously in a totally different wage universe to Liverpool; that said, they are in the same bracket as Chelsea and United, and year after year Pep blows both out of the water.

I feel for Burnley. I actually live 20 mins from Turf Moor so I know a lot of Burnley fans. They have consistently been in the bottom 3 teams from a budget perspective and Sean Dyche had them punching above their weight for years. 

Unfortunately, it finally started to go sour this year and now they are a club with leveraged debt against their club, which will almost certainly see them lose millions (if not tens of millions) to debt interest, ala the Glazer takeover. 

Edited by lomaxgrUK

I see this has developed into the "anything English football related" thread. 😉

What a crazy end to the Premier League. City were deserved Champions but Liverpool can rightly be proud of their performance. 

Arsenal ultimately pipped by their fierce rivals Tottenham, although on balance (i.e. ignoring the late meltdown) this has definitely been a step forward for the Gunners. If they can invest wisely they should be challenging for the top 4 again going forward.

Another abject, turgid performance from the mercenaries at Old Trafford to see out another pathetic season. Fingers crossed Den Haag is able to completely clear house.

One game too many for West Ham in the end, apparently it was 55 in total this season for a thread bare squad, Mark Noble retires a legend.

Leeds stay up and Burnley go down, I can't say I'm disappointed as I always enjoy the Roses Derby. If reports are to believed Burnley are stuffed, they could be on the hook for a good portion of their £65m debt.

As for Norwich, it's likely a case of "see you next season".

• Like 1

As for the other divisions.

Fulham yoyo back to the Premier League, hopefully this time they will make it stick, although they've already lost their best young player to Liverpool.

Bournemouth nearly threw it away but showed grit to hold on.

I'd like to see Forest back in the top division after 20+ years in the wilderness, a 2-time European Cup winner shouldn't be out of the first division that long!

Despite some heroics from Wayne Rooney and his squad Derby County suffer the ignominy of relegation to England's third tier for the first time since a 2 year spell back in the 1980s.

I was happy to see Sunderland join Wigan and Rotherham as the promoted sides out of League 1, their fan base are one of the most loyal and suffering in England.

Fate awaits my beloved Mansfield Town this Saturday at the home of football, a tie against the only team in England not named after a town/City or even village (Forest Green) Port Vale. I'll be there, full of optimism and dread in equal measure.