EPL Thread

SalvadorsDeli

3 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Just picked up;

City, Brentford and Brighton all to win - 5/1

But yeah, nothing much around

I might play with a City + Brentford W/T + Brighton W/T and see what I get, but I've been dead wrong about Leeds so far (and happy for it). 

19 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

With Chelsea, are you not concerned about the lack of goals from strikers? Or having many viable strikers at all? Where do you see Chelsea finishing? I say outside the top 4, but thought the gameplan against Spurs was great. Should have won that one.

I'm concerned for sure. Aubameyang would be a decent stopgap until next summer when we can buy some younger forward options (Nkunku, Leao) 

I predicted in my own ️ chat that Chelsea will start off slow. Just too many issues surrounding the team, mainly the ownership transition and we're now scrambling to get our business done late in the window. Fofana looks done, and if we can secure De Jong (looking like a long shot) then altogether that's not only an incredible first window for Todd Boehly, that's one of the best transfer windows we've ever had 

And even still with that infusion of talent, I don't think Chelsea will make the top 4. I see this as a transition year, and I hope Boehly doesn't continue Roman's tradition of sacking managers. Tuchel isn't perfect, and as Kip mentioned he tends to play people out of position, but he's a first class manager. Would be a huge mistake to fire him, he must be supported and allowed to carry out his vision. Frankly, I don't think Chelsea have enough quality to contend with City. Success this season would be making top 4 and bridging the gap to >10 points 

• Like 1

United playing with fire at the end once again. They just couldn't keep possession at the end of the game; they are in dire need of forward players who are press resistant with their back to goal. Luis Diaz is amazing at that element of the game.

Still, a good win. Another MOTM for Martinez.

On 8/20/2022 at 10:47 AM, agarcia34 said:

This Arsenal team is so fun to watch 

Today's match was like watching a team that finally found it's desire to win. It was a blast to watch. Granted it was against a newly promoted team, but man Fulham has looked like a middle of the table team so far at worst. 

• Like 1

Awesome seeing Arsenal plan working. Jesus is exactly what this team needed. Truly a fun and exciting team to watch. They have so much confidence and belief. Last years team was lacking the depth and that guy who can finish. Not this year. This is really gonna be a great season for Arsenal. Glad that Arteta is the one leading this team. 

Need this Pedro Neto deal to come together 

Edited by agarcia34

We lost. But I enjoyed the heck out that game.

17 new guys. No real practice time together. But they looked good 75% of the game. Defense down the stretch started bunching up. Kane was wide open for his score, while 5 Forest players defended each other.

Im happy overall. Staying up is the main goal. And I feel safer by the week that will happen.

18 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Where might Ronaldo reasonably end up if he is moved? 

If he wants to move to a CL club, Napoli or Sporting seem like his only two choices. He suits Italian football at this stage and Napoli don’t emphasise the press as much as other teams capable of affording part of his wages.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2022 at 7:57 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

LFC will be fine, but previous title races prove you can't be dropping that many points to City and hope to win the league. City will lose a few, but not many. LFC need to start this weekend

With Chelsea, are you not concerned about the lack of goals from strikers? Or having many viable strikers at all? Where do you see Chelsea finishing? I say outside the top 4, but thought the gameplan against Spurs was great. Should have won that one.

I think the problem is LFC has too many draws. It was what, how many years ago they lost one game but had so many draws that city still won the league? 

Leeds seemed solid on 80% of the pitch. But those passes into or while in the box were the worst collection Ive seen in a good while. Should have won 3-1 just with all the pressure and in-box touches.

Everton is BAD. Hopefully Gordon can get traded out of there by Thursday. Since hes basically "Bobby Boucher" for that squad.

Southampton was a surprise. They didnt look any better than they did against MU. Yet somehow managed to get a few great shots off from what I saw.

Anyway. If Forest can prevent a bloodbath tomorrow. Ill be happy. But Im positive MC will take it by a min of 4.

On 8/26/2022 at 1:57 PM, Hunter2_1 said:

As you see yesterday this team has bigger issues than needing a striker. I don’t think it’s even top 3 on our list of problems. We had Lukaku last season and we saw there wasn’t much difference. This team is soft, any adversity this team folds. The fact that this team can be down and never look like scoring is scary. City go down 2-0 and you know they’re gonna win. This team goes down 1-0 or 2-1 and this team never looks threatening let alone win the game.